Enclave Remnant Armor/ yet another Powerarmor mod but good this time.

Isaktheviking

Hi Everyone. I'm new to FO:NV modding but one thing has always bugged me about the coolest armor in the game; the enclave remnant armor. Those damn shoulderpads. I've modified the chestpiece from the .nif file to remove them. but I'm lost as to how to rig it or texture it to use as a replacer or custom armor. If some kind, bored modder feels like making my day, contact me at [email protected]. Credit where credit is due If I put it in the mod I've been working on.

As for a realistic powerarmor mod:

I've been tinkering in the geck and adding different mods to try and make the most "realistic" Powerarmor/game mod possible. The game mechanics I've tested work flawlessly for what I was intending; power armor that could take Alaska in a day. I've always felt that powerarmor, as an end game item only available via BHOS of Gannons quests, to be severely nerfed on DT, which when paired with the 20% damage bleedthrough in the stock game doesn't allow you to be the walking one man tank in the Lore.

Currently the only 1 hit kill weapon on t45d suit is a mini nuke or plasma mine, with the hardest armor to find in the game (advanced power armor) being able to withstand a big kid fired at the ground leaving a severely crippled, but alive player. Short version is realistic damage mod+powered power armor+removal of 20% damage through dt+dt for vanilla power armor ranging from ~50-120dt. Essentially the only thing that can put a big scratch on a suit of powerarmor are mines, grenades, grenade rifles (my guy is using a fully upgraded 25mm grenade rifle as... a rifle), the gauss rifle/unique v., multiplas rifle (sometimes effective), and tesla cannon. With the realistic damage mod, these weapons can kill a man in power armor in 2-10 hits. Limb crippling against harder hitting weapons is common, even if the character still has high health.

Lower level enemies are essentially powerless with smallarms, but have a fighting chance with explosives to keep you on your toes. No longer will a tweaker in freeside get through your T51b power armor with a pool cue.

Since the only 3 factions with power armor are NCR (kinda), BHOS, and the enclave remnants, these changes to powerarmor dt don't affect the base game much over the standard realistic damage mod. Once you go through one of the options for power armor training, you become a walking tank only subject to damage from well placed explosives and the few baddies wandering the wastes with heavy weapons. It finally makes sense for why the BHOS is so feared by every faction, they are nigh unkillable without anti armor weapons.

Any interest or suggestions?

Edited by Isaktheviking