Fallout 3 Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

It's a Bethesda game, you're ALWAYS going to have some CTD's. My guide just does what is needed to cut them down to the bare minimum. Your Welcome

• 1 month later...

Hello, the issue that led me here is attempting to re-mod FO3, some of which include FWE & WMK...this is where the issues begin. Upon launching a new game from my FOSE launcher right at the birth scene i get the message, "WMK Requires FOSE to run, FOSE is not detected" this message repeats every 10 seconds until FOSE gets detected, which it never does. I've went over the install instructions multiple times and I'm sure i have installed FOSE correctly ( have had to install FOSE for Skyrim/FNV/FO4 so i have the installation correct ). This is the Main issue. Issue #2 comes when i try to use WryeFlash for FO3, upon loading the required info after launching Wrye, i only have one orange box which is 'JessieQuoVagisCrossover.esp'. Here the issue splits into two. Wrye tells me the order of the masters for 'JessieQuoVagisCrossover.esp' are as follows: Fallout3.esm[1.4], JessieCompanion.esm, BelthansQuoVagis.esm.

Your steps say to move the load order ~IN~ Wrye...which i can't do with FO3, i can't move any of the mods' order Within Wrye & i hope I'm misunderstanding something basic as if i try to move the load order inside loot it WILL NOT keep jessiecompanion.esm above belthansQuoVagis.esm (which is weird as it lets me place it above belthans in the first place)...it lets me move jessie above belthans but when i tab over to wrye and back to loot its back to the old order.

Another thing I don't quite get is although only one actual box is orange many of the mods that have green boxes have a red highlight across them. IF i comprehend anything at all they say something about having the same load order...which i'm lost on b/c in LOOT they all have different load orders, But i Think this means these mods need to be patched/merged ?

Now i could just do without the mod jessie companion, my main issue & the most important to Me is getting FO3 to recognize i have indeed installed FOSE.

This is my current & LOOT's recommended load order, tho i don't agree, i don't Think this is the issue as i had the order better organized at the time of this issue following gopher's guide to modding FO3, using most of the mods on that list.

0 0 Fallout3.esm

1 1 Anchorage.esm
2 2 ThePitt.esm
3 3 BrokenSteel.esm
4 4 PointLookout.esm
5 5 Zeta.esm
6 6 CALIBR.esm
7 7 Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
8 8 RezDCSubway.esm
9 9 aHUD.esm
10 a Metros Alive.esm
11 b BelthansQuoVagis.esm
12 c SeducingWomen.esm
13 d JessiCompanion.esm
14 e CRAFT.esm
15 f FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
16 10 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
17 11 WeaponModKits.esp
18 12 WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
19 13 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
20 14 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
21 15 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
22 16 Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
23 17 Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
24 18 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp
25 19 Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
26 1a Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
27 1b Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp
28 1c DarNifiedUIF3.esp
29 1d UPP - Pack 1.esp
30 1e Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp
31 1f UPP - Pack 2.esp
32 20 Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp
33 21 Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp
34 22 HDRealWorldEverything(Rads).esp
35 23 HZSmoothLight - FO3.esp
36 24 RezDCSubwayLoadLast.esp
37 25 BQV2DLC.esp
38 26 Playthings.esp
39 27 Megaton Return.esp
40 28 F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp
41 29 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
42 2a Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
43 2b MiniHideout.esp
44 2c DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
45 2d bzArmour.esp
46 2e WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
47 2f WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
48 30 WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
49 31 WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
50 32 WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
51 33 FWE-WMK-FOSE patch.esp
52 34 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
53 35 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
54 36 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
55 37 Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
56 38 Chinese Stealth Armor Minus Helmet.esp
57 39 JessiQuovagisCrossover.esp
58 3a SeducedDLC03.esp
59 3b SeducingWomen_-_override.esp
60 3c YearlingsGlasses.esp
61 3d SeducingWomen_patch_156.esp
62 3e BlackWolf Backpack.esp
63 3f BlackWolf Backpack - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
64 40 BlackWolf Backpack - Blank's Container Patch.esp
65 41 MicroBikini.esp
66 42 DIM TYPE3 conversions.esp
Edited by ninjamaster0420

@ninjamaster0420

You are right not to agree with the LOOT load list. LOOT has never sorted Fallout 3 mods correctly. A good example is: RezDCSubwayLoadLast.esp. Load last is exactly what it means. It is to load just before your merged patch.

All the FWE plugins are out of order. All the MMM plugins are out of order. The WMK plugins are out of order. Your compatibility patches are out of order. Just to name a few.

If you have the game installed in the default "Program Files", FOSE will not work unless you disable User Access Control.

Remove all the unused plugins and sort the rest with B.O.S.S. It is still the best for sorting Fallout 3 files. http://boss-developers.github.io/

I also suggest you look into using the Blackened patches. You must pay attention to the requirements and install instructions.

Issue #2 comes when i try to use WryeFlash for FO3, upon loading the required info after launching Wrye, i only have one orange box which is 'JessieQuoVagisCrossover.esp'.

Your steps say to move the load order ~IN~ Wrye...which i can't do with FO3, i can't move any of the mods' order Within Wrye & i hope I'm misunderstanding something basic as if i try to move the load order inside loot it WILL NOT keep jessiecompanion.esm above belthansQuoVagis.esm (which is weird as it lets me place it above belthans in the first place)...it lets me move jessie above belthans but when i tab over to wrye and back to loot its back to the old order.

Appendix 1 will fix that mod. The problem is when the author of the mod made it, HIS load order was incorrect. There for anyone who uses that mod will have to apply Appendix 1 to it.

@M48A5

Excellent advice, ty :)

Edited by gromulos

• 3 months later...

Let me be VERY clear about this. You may translate this mod into any language you like provided you adhere STRICTLY to the following:

1) No adding content of ANY kind what so ever

2) No deleting content of any kind what so ever

3) If any of my contributors object the translation MUST be taken down immediately ( this includes - alt3rn1ty, Sharlikran, Oubliette, and MotoSxorpio, )

4) As of right now I am posting a legal binding Copyright on this guide and it's contents 24-Spetember-2017. Which is also legally retroactive to the original posting date for this guide.

5) a link to MY original guide MUST be included at the top of any translated guide - Very first line

• 9 months later...

It's not the software, i have all 3 installed on my self built desktop and they all work fine. You may have to run them in administrator mode for your system, let me know