Fallout New Vegas Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

Thanks to you, gromulos, my "Oranges" are now "Greens" !!! :smile:

In that case I don't think they are oranges, I think they are limes :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.2) You HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Flash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also.

2.3) One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Flash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Flash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB, SUM, ASIS, or the Reproccer.

When I make a Merge Patch, it is an actual .esp file that can be dragged around, turned on and off. I don't see any such thing for the Bashed patch? You say it automatically makes a file... where? It doesn't show in my Mod List in Wyre Flash or anywhere else...?

Not sure if I even need to do or worry about this step since I was able to turn all checks green using the FNVEDIT "Sort Masters" option that I didn't know about (thank you!).

I went to that step after I found orange checks with 'masters' out of order with one being an esm and the other and esp (so impossible to change the order) or where they were both .esms but by changing the order it made two other mods go orange. Sort Masters FNVEDIT seemed to clear all that up.

Just wondering about the bashed patch thing because I've since disabled my two merge patch .esps since you said you can't have both merge and bash and I'm wondering if I'm losing the benefits of that (if there are any)

Edited by EmperorsDynasty

2.2) You HAVE to have either a merged patch or bashed patch file, once again Wrye Flash is your friend because it will automatically make you a bashed patch file when it loads your mods. A bashed patch file makes all your weapon and armor and other mods play nice together, it also keeps track of leveled lists in the game and makes them work better together also.

2.3) One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Flash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Flash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB, SUM, ASIS, or the Reproccer.

When I make a Merge Patch, it is an actual .esp file that can be dragged around, turned on and off. I don't see any such thing for the Bashed patch? You say it automatically makes a file... where? It doesn't show in my Mod List in Wyre Flash or anywhere else...?

Not sure if I even need to do or worry about this step since I was able to turn all checks green using the FNVEDIT "Sort Masters" option that I didn't know about (thank you!).

I went to that step after I found orange checks with 'masters' out of order with one being an esm and the other and esp (so impossible to change the order) or where they were both .esms but by changing the order it made two other mods go orange. Sort Masters FNVEDIT seemed to clear all that up.

Just wondering about the bashed patch thing because I've since disabled my two merge patch .esps since you said you can't have both merge and bash and I'm wondering if I'm losing the benefits of that (if there are any)

sometimes you have to make or copy the Bashed patch file yourself but this is very rare, it SHOULD be located here : Mopy\templates

Skipping the Wrye Flash step and "cheating" with FNVEDIT like that MAY have broken your game, the guide is laid out in a very specific way to ensure the least amount of problems.

Wrye Flash's bashed patch is much better for either fallout game as it does more than the merged patch, just look for the template one in the mopy folder and just copy it into your data folder

Ahhh.... well I hope I didn't break anything. Is there any way to test outside of stumbling upon issues in-game? I thought all the green check marks meant I was in good shape.

Now that I've moved the bashed.esp into the data folder as soon as I open Wyre Flash I get an error stating "The following mods have an unrecognized TES4 header version: Bashed Patch, 0.esp". Ignore this?

Also when I right click and hit rebuild patch there is a prompt with a ton of check boxes, only "Alias Mod Names" is ticked by default... should I just leave that and hit Rebuild, or should I Select All or...

one you rebuild the bashed patch that error will go away

you need to go through that list slowly and make sure every thing that you're using has a check mark, also make sure you enable the crosshair fix in "tweak settings" i believe it is

Like this... ? Also there was no crosshair fix listed there... in the other section there was something about ironsights if that is what you were referring to..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsqePG4mPg

I skipped over the merging patches because I might want to disable some and keep others sometimes (i.e. keep reduced sunlight, but turn off darker nights and vice versa) and I'm not concerned about .esp caps because I'm not close to it. I also unchecked the Alias Mod Name box since the box on the right was empty.

Edited by EmperorsDynasty

you did everything right but one thing, you gotta check all the boxes that apply to your game on the LEFT lol :P

Hi guys,

I think I'm having some issues with mods on FO.NV

I'm savvy when it comes 2 mod manager programs (freelancer for most) but I've started playin NV and wanted 2 have a stores so loaded up some goodspring properties (loaded one at a time obv) but couldn't find them... any of them.

Is NV the type of game where you need 2 complete a prologue or become a certain level before most mods r usable or am I just being blind and or stupid o_O

Thanks in advance

Minimusify

Edited by Minimusify