Fallout New Vegas Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

2.3) One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Flash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Flash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB, SUM, ASIS, or the Reproccer.

I'm thinking about trying out and ENB again. Particular attention to the unless you're using an ENB.... where should the bashed patch go in that instance? Confused by this since ENBs aren't enabled as .esp files so I don't understand how they effect load orders.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the bashed patch in what...? Originally I thought you meant load order since that was what you were referencing but as I said, ENBs aren't part of the load order, they're not ESPs or ESMs they're just files you drop into the directory but you know this. I'm confused... are you basically just saying that you should not create a bashed patch if you have an ENB installed, but should uninstall it first?

Some ENB actually do use files in the load order, but as I said, as a general rule they always go after the bashed patch. And yes, I was talking about the load order.

• 2 weeks later...

How does downloading mods even work? I click 'download with manager' &

The address wasn't understood

Pale Moon (my browser) doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (nxm) isn't associated with any program

I already started NMM as administrator & logged my nexus account in to NMM

I've never heard of that browser. I would suggest you use Firefox or Google browser. I use firefox myself and have never had any problems. You can also download the mods manually and then just add them to your NMM. I always recommend that people download the mods manually due to the fact that if you have a mod that you really like and it gets hidden or pulled for what ever reason, then you will still have it for future play throughs.

• 4 weeks later...

Gromulos, good going on this thread. I want to know if I use a bash patch, do I really need all my other mods still going, or can I turn them off, and just let the patch run? Or should I just use the Wrye Flash recommendation, and leave off the ones it recommends, and use the patch? I do, still, get a number of freezes. CTD's, etc. I have a few things I am contemplating at the moment, like cleaning off more of the drive I have my game installed, and some hardware changes. I do, also, use Mod Organizer, and it is great for managing mods. I am thinking of wiping, and redoing Fallout 3 using it. And I will be going back to using it with Skyrim. (I probably won't be running ReProccer with it, but I don't mind that.) Everything mentioned is good, though, and no complaints. The best thing about Mod Organizer is that it is easy to use, and you can move things around. I do, though, recommend still using FOMM, to generate your archive invalidation file. The nice thing about MO is that you can rearrange the bsa's to how you would like them. That helps a lot. The next thing is the ini editor. That is a valuable tool. Then there is the profiles. Then running Loot, FNVedit, Wrye Flash, and even your FNV4GB all right from the top bar. I will recommend, though, that anyone wanting to use MO to please check out both Dirty Weasel Media's videos and Gopher's, on youtube. There are more out there than that, but those are good for a variety of mods.

Gromulos, good going on this thread. I want to know if I use a bash patch, do I really need all my other mods still going, or can I turn them off, and just let the patch run? Or should I just use the Wrye Flash recommendation, and leave off the ones it recommends, and use the patch? I do, still, get a number of freezes. CTD's, etc. I have a few things I am contemplating at the moment, like cleaning off more of the drive I have my game installed, and some hardware changes. I do, also, use Mod Organizer, and it is great for managing mods. I am thinking of wiping, and redoing Fallout 3 using it. And I will be going back to using it with Skyrim. (I probably won't be running ReProccer with it, but I don't mind that.) Everything mentioned is good, though, and no complaints. The best thing about Mod Organizer is that it is easy to use, and you can move things around. I do, though, recommend still using FOMM, to generate your archive invalidation file. The nice thing about MO is that you can rearrange the bsa's to how you would like them. That helps a lot. The next thing is the ini editor. That is a valuable tool. Then there is the profiles. Then running Loot, FNVedit, Wrye Flash, and even your FNV4GB all right from the top bar. I will recommend, though, that anyone wanting to use MO to please check out both Dirty Weasel Media's videos and Gopher's, on youtube. There are more out there than that, but those are good for a variety of mods.

YES you need to use the BASHED patch WITH all your mods ACTIVATED. You should use the patch file from Wrye FLash as it will bash more options, when you build it you will see what I mean.

The nice thing about MO is that you can rearrange the bsa's to how you would like them.

/quote

You can do that in Wrye Flash as well as long as you run WF through MO.

any other questions / confusion (lol) let me know :smile:

Edited by gromulos

• 2 months later...