Fallout New Vegas Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

Hello Everyone, i'm a First Time Modder
How Can i Replace or Add Any New Structure In My Fallout3/ New vegas ?
I'm Tired Seeing Blown Out Structures And Buildings.
Any Tips ?
I'm Trying To Make Like a Grand theft auto Map
And Where Can I find The Building Models.

What you are speaking of doing requires tools and resources WAY beyond what a beginner would need. This thread is not for what you are describing and would better be asked and answered in another thread dedicated to MAKING mods.

As for your GTA part of that, I can say this: be VERY careful if you plan to use assets from another game. You will be fine as long as the assets are ONLY used by you, should you decide to make a mod and publish it here on the Nexus, I can tell you from past experience that if the mod has assets from another game it WILL be pulled and deleted, and in some cases, the author (you) had been banned. I tell you this because using assets from another game is considered stealing resources, COPYRIGHTED resources.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I think I'm having some issues with mods on FO.NV

I'm savvy when it comes 2 mod manager programs (freelancer for most) but I've started playin NV and wanted 2 have a stores so loaded up some goodspring properties (loaded one at a time obv) but couldn't find them... any of them.

Is NV the type of game where you need 2 complete a prologue or become a certain level before most mods r usable or am I just being blind and or stupid o_O

Thanks in advance

Minimusify

you can skip the intro movie but not the waking up in Doc mitchels house which is were your generate your Character. Most every mod are usable from the beginning.

on rare occasion I have had problems with having mods activated at the beginning of a new play through. Once was due to a bashed patch. Skyrim had the same problem with some mods.

If you have a problem like Doc Mitchell sits down but nothing else happens, quit the game disable mods and start over, once you step out into goodsprings, hard save, quit game again and enable your mods and start from your save.

more often than not you will not have a problem.

Edited by JoKelly

Hello Everyone, i'm a First Time Modder
How Can i Replace or Add Any New Structure In My Fallout3/ New vegas ?
I'm Tired Seeing Blown Out Structures And Buildings.
Any Tips ?
I'm Trying To Make Like a Grand theft auto Map.
And Where Can I Find The Models Structures So I can import In to My Game?

used to I would have suggested a couple of sites, till I was informed that some of the models on those sites are ripped from other games. with that said, you can search the Nexus for resource mods, and if you find mods with assets you like, you can copy those into your own mod.

just ask the original mod authors permission if they don't have a "use any part of this you want" Kind of statement for their mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I think I'm having some issues with mods on FO.NV

I'm savvy when it comes 2 mod manager programs (freelancer for most) but I've started playin NV and wanted 2 have a stores so loaded up some goodspring properties (loaded one at a time obv) but couldn't find them... any of them.

Is NV the type of game where you need 2 complete a prologue or become a certain level before most mods r usable or am I just being blind and or stupid o_O

Thanks in advance

Minimusify

You should see them from the game's start. Try this. Start up the game. At the main menu, hit the "~" key, usually just under Esc on the keyboard. Type in "coc Goodsprings" without the quotes. Now look around. If they still aren't where they should be, you probably installed it wrong or the mod was VERY poorly made.

• 7 months later...

I am new to forum posting where would I go to ask why my Launcher won't launch New Vegas. If I go to steam it launches fine without any problem, but if I try and run it through NMM even without mods it won't launch. A small Steam error pops up with "Application load error 5:0000065434". not sure if this is the right forum to put this under, If not could some tell me where to go. thx.

Right forum, wrong thread (because you should only ask questions directly related to the author's material in a "pinned" thread). This belongs under the "Technical Support" sub-forum.

But the answer is simple: you aren't running the Steam Client first. Please see the 'Issue: Application load Windows error(s)' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

@ajpenguin

Dubious is correct, also, I've found that simply end tasking steam and then restarting it will usually fix this error

Thanks DI

• 1 month later...

Let me be VERY clear about this. You may translate this mod into any language you like provided you adhere STRICTLY to the following:

1) No adding content of ANY kind what so ever

2) No deleting content of any kind what so ever

3) If any of my contributors object the translation MUST be taken down immediately ( this includes - alt3rn1ty, Sharlikran, Oubliette, and MotoSxorpio, )

4) As of right now I am posting a legal binding Copyright on this guide and it's contents 24-Spetember-2017. Which is also legally retroactive to the original posting date for this guide.

5) a link to MY original guide MUST be included at the top of any translated guide - Very first line

• 1 year later...

ok just let me know if you run into any trouble, also, if you like followers i would HIGHLY suggest Delilah, ( if you're old enough to download it ) Willow, and Niner, in that order

DUST is another FANTASTIC mod, but i DO NOT suggest you try it untill you have played FNV all the way through normally as DUST will make FNV an entirely new game for you

Just wanted to jump in and say thank you for all your help. I followed several mod tutorials, and only installed stability mods, and edited game files. The game crashed constantly. So I'm starting over, and I will follow your guide and tips.