So I don't know how exactly to start this, as it's my first topic posted on this (or any) forum, so here goes.
I've been working on a mod for a while now (3-4 months approx) and although I'm relatively good at level design and the like and have accomplished quite a bit, after much planning and design, I've realized I've hit a bit of a snag: I can't really script. Like, pretty much at all.
While I have a bit of an understanding of how scripts work, where they come into play and what sort of scripts would likely be assigned to what, I am not advanced enough to be able to write scripts for some of the things I'd like to be able to write scripts for, and thus accomplish what I want to accomplish in my mod.
I have laughably basic knowledge of the logic behind scripts (If statements and such) from last year's 11th grade Computer Programming class in which I learned some coding through Java NetBeans as well as through using console commands in F3 , Vegas and Skyrim.
Because of this lack of knowledge, I'm looking for any guides/guidance on scripting that may be able to help me in my endeavours.
If it helps, here's a list of some of the scripts I'd like to be able to write:
- When you press the aim button whilst looking at an NPC, a message/dialog box pops up where you can cable tie someone. If this option is chosen, they play the kneeling/hands tied animation and are toggled as restrained
- if a button is pressed, NPCs (preferably enemies) are spawned at a given location
- if you pass a certain point, all NPCs in the area are aggro'd toward you
- If you take out your weapon, all NPCs in the area are aggro'd toward you
- If you activate an object, that object and a number of others disappear/ a given item/number of items is added to inventory
- if you are aggro'd by an NPC/number of NPCs and are hidden, removing a mask/apparel item removes aggro/reputation is reset
ANY help is much appreciated!
Edited by STAYGOLDKEEPROLLING, 02 November 2014 - 05:47 AM.