• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ShimoOkami

ShimoOkami

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

The following is important information regarding the patch between True Wolves of Skyrim and Skyrim Immersive Creatures.
It's essentially the same thing as the readme included with the patch, but it's more accessible here.
Please read before asking questions.

Skyrim Immersive Creatures is NOT COMPATIBLE with the textures in the main files. And by "not compatible" I mean installing one of the main files will actually cause problems, not just that SIC won't be affected. It's nothing too serious, but it's an incompatibility nonetheless. I have created a solution with the SIC patch, but you still can't use the main file. Since you can't just pick any old combination of files, I made this readme to help explain what to install. There's two versions: the short one and the long one. Either will do, but you should read at least one if you want to use True Wolves of Skyrim with Skyrim Immersive Creatures.

The short version: Just tell me what I need to do!

Here's what you need to do to make everything work nicely together for basic setups. If you want to mix and match the new and old meshes and textures, you can do that with this patch, but I don't recommend trying if you don't know what you're doing. If you can't figure it out, just use one of the basic setups or wait until I finish the all-in-one installer.

Overwrite all files if/when prompted for all setups.

If you only use SIC:
    Both the new meshes and textures for everything:
  • Install   True Wolves of Skyrim - SIC Patch - 1k/2k   (from the Optional Files section, check both mesh options in installer)
    Only the new textures for everything:
  • Install   True Wolves of Skyrim - SIC Patch - 1k/2k   (from Optional Files section, leave both mesh options unchecked in installer)
If you use both SIC and SkyTEST:
    Both the new meshes and textures for everything:
  • Install   True Wolves of Skyrim - SkyTEST - 1k/2k - Installer   (from the Main Files section)
  • Then install   True Wolves of Skyrim - SIC Patch - 1k/2k   and overwrite when prompted (from the Optional Files section, check both mesh options in installer)
    Only the new textures for everything:
  • Install   True Wolves of Skyrim - Textures Only - SkyTEST - 1k/2k   (from the Optional Files section)
  • Then install   True Wolves of Skyrim - SIC Patch - 1k/2k   and overwrite when prompted (from Optional Files section, leave both mesh options unchecked in installer)

If you use Dogs of Skyrim, install the patch included in the SIC patch installer. The one available separately on the mod page will not work.

The long version: Give me the details!

You need textures for vanilla wolves that are compatible with vanilla meshes. Both the regular textures-only and SkyTEST textures-only versions will work as well as vanilla textures or ones from other texture mods. This is because I don't have meshes for some variants, like the Stormcloak Wolves or Wolf Pups, so they still use the vanilla UV maps. If you use the textures from the main files with these meshes, those wolves will end up with teeth problems because those textures are meant for the new UV maps. To fix this, I have created an alternate new mesh that is compatible with vanilla textures. If you have either the regular or SkyTEST replacer with meshes, you must allow the SIC patch to overwrite both the meshes and textures. If you use Dogs of Skyrim, install the patch included in the SIC patch installer. The one available separately on the mod page will not work.

The patch currently contains:
  • Meshes and textures for all Vanilla wolves (with color options)
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Black Wolves (Black, Dark Timber, and Grey options)
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Ice Wolves (Grey Timber and Darker White options)
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Snow Wolves (Pure White and Darker White options)
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Brown Wolves
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Red Wolves
  • Meshes and textures for Feral Timber Wolves
Note: Wolf Pups, Stormcloak Wolves, and Mounted Goblins do not need their own textures. They all use either vanilla wolf textures or SIC's feral wolf textures.

Not currently covered:
  • Wolf Pup meshes (Will be included in a future update.)
  • Hell Hounds (firewolf.nif, will be included in a future update)
  • Plague Wolves (Will probably just leave these alone. They would need a custom mesh as well as custom textures.)
  • Stormcloak Wolf meshes (Will probably be included in a future update.)
  • Mounted Goblin meshes (Might also be left alone. Would probably need permissions for the goblin. For those of you who don't know, the wolf and goblin are part of the same mesh.)

Page loaded in: 0.895 seconds