LF experienced mod authors and/or people who know how to do the following

GrimmSpecter

I'm new to modding bu have dabbled in the CK enough to know how to use it with moderate skill and im looking for people who can...

• script
  • lvl design
  • create new and interesting assets
  • work hard for a short period of time at least
  • create npc's
  • voice act
  • quest making

This project is not so ambitious that it will be to hard to make i simply want to make a HUGE city with at least 45 unique npc's and children and packs to add more based on performance.the first city i want to make is a forest city with houses inside the trees and such (that's why i need assets b/c need to make inside a tree) i also need people who are good at npc design and who can make people interesting and none cookie cutter style. furthermore i would like to include quest but that of course will come later.

this project will not take long as long as i get enough help at first. i plan to release it as a beta when the city is done and when there are people to live in it and full release will be out when there are quests

A HUGE city with interwsting, voice acted NPCs, interiors, and quests? Not ambitious at all.

Especially when you offer limited information and only say you've dabbled with the CK. I recommend you become at the very least competent - not moderately - in scripting and quest design. Right now, it's not a bunch to offer.

This project is not so ambitious that it will be to hard to make

this project will not take long as long as i get enough help at first

I'm new to modding bu have dabbled in the CK

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

i simply want to make a HUGE city with at least 45 unique npc's and children and packs to add more based on performance

i want to make is a forest city with houses inside the trees and such

• script
  • lvl design
  • create npc's
  • voice act
  • quest making

• -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Well. There is a few problems right off the bat here, which I would like to adress to you. Just so you are aware of them. Okay? Neat.

Problem 1) You are asking for a team of about 6-7 people. That will not happen.

Problem 2) You are asking for every skillset there is. From environment modelling to scripting. I don't believe there are enough people left to fill these spots for you.

Problem 3) What exactly would your contribution be? And don't say "my idea!". Ideas are useless -- We are modders and gamers. We all got vivid fantasy and good ideas. Ideas is not a rare commodity around here.

Problem 4) What exactly are you trying to make? We are sitting in the blind. With the 5-6 big projects going on now, yours doesn't do a good job to grab interest. Sorry!

Problem 5) What have you done so far? Again, don't tell me "I got an idea!" and don't tell me "I have written stuff!". if nothing is done, why should anybody join you over, say, Beyond Skyrim or any other projects currently going on?

Basically, you need to look at this as you would in real life. You want a project started, and need people? Well, you need to make other think what you got is a good idea, and you need to ensure them this will be a break through and not die out half way through. I mean, would you invest your lifesaving into a business, by a stranger, with little to no information? No, you would not. Neither will any modders help a project with little to no information. Time is more valuable than money, and nobody wants to waste it.

My suggestions to you:

1) Flush out your idea. If you can, get some concept drawn. If you can't, muck something together in the CK.

2) Flush out your skillset. "Moderate skill" in the CK? It takes 5 minutes to reach moderate skill with the CK. That won't do. You are telling us your skillset is average at best -- nobody liked average. Script, level design, concept art, modelling, etc. Are all valid skillsets. You don't need to be an expert at it, but you need to be good at something. Let me use an example: The project manager of Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil. His skillset in the CK is above average, but that's not his strong side -- he managed the whole project, merged and managed the Git and overall makes everything flow. While there are plenty of individuals better than him in any single art, he knows something about everything and pulls the web together.

à la: You need to contribute at equal, or above, the level of each member of your group. Just as the real world, the one leading needs be the one pulling the web. Nobody follows somebody who isn't pulling his own weight.

3) Have something to show. You can do a lot of work without other people. Start with that. Develop the world space, the landscape, add placeholders, etc. Then show us what you got. If it looks good, you get help. These people will eventually perfect what you have started, or add more to it. That is how it works.

4) Grammar. I know, the grammar Nazis are mean people. However, when you ask for help it really does help to write in neat and clear English. Note, I am not speaking of perfect English. I am speaking of clear English. Capitalize the I's, sentence structure, commas, etc. Just to make it all look professional!

5) Fake it 'till you make it. A golden rule if you want to achieve something. Make your post look good, show us something, build up interest and, most importantly, don't start with "I'm new to modding". It does throw off potential helpers!

Example of topics that works. Take a look at them and take notes!:

TESV:Skyrim; The Shivering Isles!

- While not the most interesting layout, it got what is needed. Solid language, some color, progress images, flushed out concept and is written to draw in potential modders.

Veritas

- It got a header, a trailer and is pretty clear. Some color could be nice, but it works!

Awake: The Rise of Mannimarco

- It got a trailer, a superb team, it is short and precise. It builds up attention pretty quick.

I could go on, but you see the red thread here -- They got something to show, they grab your attention somehow and the authors/Project leads pull their own weight and then some.

Edited by Matth85

This project is not so ambitious that it will be to hard to make

this project will not take long as long as i get enough help at first

I'm new to modding bu have dabbled in the CK

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

i simply want to make a HUGE city with at least 45 unique npc's and children and packs to add more based on performance

i want to make is a forest city with houses inside the trees and such

• script
  • lvl design
  • create npc's
  • voice act
  • quest making
  • -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Well. There is a few problems right off the bat here, which I would like to adress to you. Just so you are aware of them. Okay? Neat.

Problem 1) You are asking for a team of about 6-7 people. That will not happen.

Problem 2) You are asking for every skillset there is. From environment modelling to scripting. I don't believe there are enough people left to fill these spots for you.

Problem 3) What exactly would your contribution be? And don't say "my idea!". Ideas are useless -- We are modders and gamers. We all got vivid fantasy and good ideas. Ideas is not a rare commodity around here.

Problem 4) What exactly are you trying to make? We are sitting in the blind. With the 5-6 big projects going on now, yours doesn't do a good job to grab interest. Sorry!

Problem 5) What have you done so far? Again, don't tell me "I got an idea!" and don't tell me "I have written stuff!". if nothing is done, why should anybody join you over, say, Beyond Skyrim or any other projects currently going on?

Basically, you need to look at this as you would in real life. You want a project started, and need people? Well, you need to make other think what you got is a good idea, and you need to ensure them this will be a break through and not die out half way through. I mean, would you invest your lifesaving into a business, by a stranger, with little to no information? No, you would not. Neither will any modders help a project with little to no information. Time is more valuable than money, and nobody wants to waste it.

My suggestions to you:

1) Flush out your idea. If you can, get some concept drawn. If you can't, muck something together in the CK.

2) Flush out your skillset. "Moderate skill" in the CK? It takes 5 minutes to reach moderate skill with the CK. That won't do. You are telling us your skillset is average at best -- nobody liked average. Script, level design, concept art, modelling, etc. Are all valid skillsets. You don't need to be an expert at it, but you need to be good at something. Let me use an example: The project manager of Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil. His skillset in the CK is above average, but that's not his strong side -- he managed the whole project, merged and managed the Git and overall makes everything flow. While there are plenty of individuals better than him in any single art, he knows something about everything and pulls the web together.

à la: You need to contribute at equal, or above, the level of each member of your group. Just as the real world, the one leading needs be the one pulling the web. Nobody follows somebody who isn't pulling his own weight.

3) Have something to show. You can do a lot of work without other people. Start with that. Develop the world space, the landscape, add placeholders, etc. Then show us what you got. If it looks good, you get help. These people will eventually perfect what you have started, or add more to it. That is how it works.

4) Grammar. I know, the grammar Nazis are mean people. However, when you ask for help it really does help to write in neat and clear English. Note, I am not speaking of perfect English. I am speaking of clear English. Capitalize the I's, sentence structure, commas, etc. Just to make it all look professional!

5) Fake it 'till you make it. A golden rule if you want to achieve something. Make your post look good, show us something, build up interest and, most importantly, don't start with "I'm new to modding". It does throw off potential helpers!

Example of topics that works. Take a look at them and take notes!:

TESV:Skyrim; The Shivering Isles!

- While not the most interesting layout, it got what is needed. Solid language, some color, progress images, flushed out concept and is written to draw in potential modders.

Veritas

- It got a header, a trailer and is pretty clear. Some color could be nice, but it works!

Awake: The Rise of Mannimarco

- It got a trailer, a superb team, it is short and precise. It builds up attention pretty quick.

I could go on, but you see the red thread here -- They got something to show, they grab your attention somehow and the authors/Project leads pull their own weight and then some.

Much better worded than mine. Speaking of which, I gotta get some pictures and a video or two of IQ. Not a trailer, but a video certainly.

i get that i didn't phrase it too well but i nice attitude would be appreciated yes these quit a bit i cant do outside of CK lvl design but i asure you i'm compitent in that at leas dabbled was just por choice of words im working on some a begining to showcase on here and no i dont think its to much first stage is the lvl which i know takes time but not alot, the quest is also for waaay later not an immediate thing i have asked for help simply because im sure lots of people want grand city's in skyrim not some village with like 5 people and lots of space id really thought some poeple would be kinder. also do you people even know how to do any of these things or are you just trolling

but thanks for the advice i will get right on to creating something i can show,and hey everyone's gotta start somewhere so this is my start,also im limited in what i can make with out new assets i can make a great exterior but for now seeing as the inside of a tree isn't made there wont be the interiors that i want also the textures will be stretches as im using normal trees that's something i need fixed. thanks and please at least give it a try once i get pictures up before you just downplay it.

i get that i didn't phrase it too well but i nice attitude would be appreciated yes these quit a bit i cant do outside of CK lvl design but i asure you i'm compitent in that at leas dabbled was just por choice of words im working on some a begining to showcase on here and no i dont think its to much first stage is the lvl which i know takes time but not a lot, the quest is also for waaay later not an immediate thing i have asked for help simply because im sure lots of people want grand city's in skyrim not some village with like 5 people and lots of space id really thought some poeple would be kinder. also do you people even know how to do any of these things or are you just trolling

Dude, let me tell you an advice I learned when I first started to learn fiction writing. Bird by bird, one by one.

There nothing to be shamed of if you want to start something big, but it not what the other modders want. Modders are few out there, you will be the head of this project and they want to know if they can count on you to keep it going. This will be their work with their time and they don't want it be wasted. You have (maybe not) nothing under your belt to show for.

My advice? Try making a small test project, they want to know what you can do. You should at least to be able to make a small village with the size of Riverwood by yourself before wanting to tackle something like this.

You also need to outline the storyline, have some kind of plan for the city layout, write about the npcs. This whole city can be done by yourself even, it will take time, but it will impress people for sure and encourage them to join, and it will also show that you can do something.

If you want, I can help with your English to make it better, help flash out the main plot and npcs, think co-writer for the planning stage as you make something in the ck.

i get that i didn't phrase it too well but i nice attitude would be appreciated yes these quit a bit i cant do outside of CK lvl design but i asure you i'm compitent in that at leas dabbled was just por choice of words im working on some a begining to showcase on here and no i dont think its to much first stage is the lvl which i know takes time but not a lot, the quest is also for waaay later not an immediate thing i have asked for help simply because im sure lots of people want grand city's in skyrim not some village with like 5 people and lots of space id really thought some poeple would be kinder. also do you people even know how to do any of these things or are you just trolling

I am a competent scripter, quest designer and experienced with the CK. I've published some mods as well. Still - yes, I know how to do these things. I'm also working on a large WIP.

Matth is an immensely talented modeler and texturer who has done numerous works and creates models (esp.) of fantastic quality.

Kibblesticks is currently creating a massive 8 month project.

Yes, we know what we're talking about. We were not trolling, and I'm not trying to brag about what I've done, am doing or can do, since there's not much to brag about. :P

We were trying to inform you how you'd be more likely to get someone to help.