Is there a 4k Mod?

JoeDinsdale

Thanks to those who gave me a list of 4K textures and also thanks to those who gave me some advice. A Hand full of you are asking what my computer spec is, so here it is;

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5 S2011

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz (has 6 cores and over clocked to 3.60GHz with 15MB Chace, water cooled with Corsair H80i Hydro)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB (i have 2 of these in SLI)

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800MHz

HDD: 1TB VelociRaptor SATA 3 10K RPS (i have 2 in stripe raid)

PSU: Corsair 850W

Disk: Asus Blu-Ray R/W x16

Case: CoolerMaster Silencio RC-550 (with all fans slots full)

Audio: Creative Sound Blaster FX

Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 3000

Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 4K 28" LED

this is a new system i have just built my self. spent a lot on it.

should be enought to handle 4K with enb.

Yeah, it can handle it. I'm envious...

Thanks to those who gave me a list of 4K textures and also thanks to those who gave me some advice. A Hand full of you are asking what my computer spec is, so here it is;

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5 S2011

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz (has 6 cores and over clocked to 3.60GHz with 15MB Chace, water cooled with Corsair H80i Hydro)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB (i have 2 of these in SLI)

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800MHz

HDD: 1TB VelociRaptor SATA 3 10K RPS (i have 2 in stripe raid)

PSU: Corsair 850W

Disk: Asus Blu-Ray R/W x16

Case: CoolerMaster Silencio RC-550 (with all fans slots full)

Audio: Creative Sound Blaster FX

Speakers: Genius SW-G2.1 3000

Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 4K 28" LED

this is a new system i have just built my self. spent a lot on it.

should be enought to handle 4K with enb.

Yeah, it can handle it. I'm envious...

I would have went with ASUS Sound Card Xonar Essence personally (what I use now), but no. At that resolution, running strictly all Hi-res textures will not be good, not with only 4GB of VRAM. I play at 2K resolution with 4GB VRAM sli, and my VRAM usage is almost always max, and that's only with twelve 4K textures. My advice is to try out different ones and see how it looks on your system.

Side note: Also would have gotten a Power Supply of 1000w or higher, gives you more leeway for overclocking. I could give a bunch of advice on your system, but primarily you won't see much performance increase with memory clocked that high. Get same amount of memory, but at a lower clock value, then get an SSD to be your boot drive and "primary program" disk.

This is assuming you haven't already gotten your rig already.

EDIT: You built it already, meh. But yea, no system can run obscene amounts of 4K textures, except maybe TITAN Blacks, and those aren't even primarily for gaming lol.

Unfortunately not Joe.

In SLI configurations the content of the VRAM is mirrored on the graphics cards so you will have 4GB of VRAM available for games and applications and not 8GB.

It's easy to miss that fact. :/

damn dude nice build. hella nice gpu. unfortunately the sli won't help with skyrim. i just bought a triple x oc r9 290 for 280 bucks tho cuz i do wanna run skyrim on a 4g graphics card. a lot of people will argue that 4g isn't necessary and they are right. but it's also true that you definitely can pimp out skyrim with a 4g card. try the rv enb link i gave you in my first post here. you should be able to smash skyrim with your rig :smile: