LotR - The Nazgul

theundreaming

• 1 month later...

:: QUICK UPDATE ::

Sorry it's taking me so long for next update, college + life = stuff, ya know. Anyways next update should be coming along this week with:

- 2 minute cooldowns on powers instead of 1/day
- Will be compatible with AFT and/or UFO

• 3 months later...

Just a question, (and yes, I do realize this forum is a few months old), I just downloaded the LOTR weapons pack, and the nazgul armor, will those already include the enchantments you mentioned?

What I mean is, do I have to even download that pack? Or just yours (meaning I only download your mod and they will already have the craftable enchanted weapons)? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've been forgetting about this mod (still have to re-install Skyrim, toolkit and few things on this new PC) - not sure if you're same person who posted in the mod, but no only my mod has the enchantments (which I have to update that main page by the way). You no longer are 'required' to get those other mods, but my mod ONLY Includes the following weapons with the custom enchantments:

• LotR Weapon Pack (Nazgul Bastard Sword)
  • LotR Weapon Pack (Witch King's Sword)
  • LotR Weapon Pack (Morgul Blade)

So having their mod to complete the set will provide separate versions of the same weapons (base weapons with no enchantments). The recipe to make my versions are included in the 1st page of this thread. The armor mod is also no longer necessary I edited the robes that were already used from previous mod (or did I.... sh** I don't even remember now >.> ) Regardless whereever I got the robes I put them in the mod, so no external mods are 'required' at this point, but will add to the experience so I recommend getting the weapon pack at least ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for replying (here and in the actual mod page, sorry for the duble post). I'll be downloading in a sex, hehe. Oh, would you mind if i make a teensy suggestion/request? Can you make nazgul followers? retty please with cherries on top? Amazingness (maybe OP but hell) will be walking around Skyrim with the 8 at my beck and call. *sigh*

Well There's already Nazgul followers (8 of them) currently as a power only, BUT plans are (eventually) to get them compatible with AFT / UFO so you can pick them up individually as permanent followers (or can dismiss, whatever) Also as I'm lazy I'm going to just paste what I posted in the mod page on here as well even though I'm answering your question in the same reply :P

-------------------------------------------------

I promise I have not abandoned this mod *sighs* I just either keep forgetting about it or am procrastinating (yeah there I admit it). Another quarter of college yay, and been distracted with other games and projects lately. I still have notes on what to fix currently:
* 2 minute cooldown timers are powers
* AFT / UFO compatibility (might be separate patches, might just be all-in-one update) not sure yet.
* Fix the double nazgul race listings in the showracemenu
one user said the hood is a light gray? But when I play it's all black, so if anyone else confirms this is happening I can 'try' to look into it? But no guarantees as I'm not good with meshes or textures and am using pre-made ones from like the graybeard's robes and such.
When will the next update be?
A.) I don't know. Skyrim and Creation Kit are re-installed, so I'll try to get the mod back in and see what I can do about those 3 updates at the very least.
Are you going to continue with Phase 2+ with your 'distractions'?
A.) Maybe. I want to do it, but currently working on a bigger, better project.
What is it?
A.) An overhaul of sorts... new spells, new race(s), questlines, new follower with custom voiceset. good times. :)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag308/CelestialVengeance/lotr_naz_logo_zps783e6fd6.png

Description:

Play as one of the Nazgul - Ring Wraiths. Once great kings of men, blinded by their greed they took up the Rings of Power offered by the Dark Lord Sauron. Now they stalk the wraith world, wielding their abilities in swordsmanship and sorcery to seek out the One Ring and return it to their master.

The Mod:

WARNING: YOU WILL NEED BOTH DRAGONBORN AND DAWNGUARD DLC

LINK << CLICK HERE >>

Inspired from the Shadow of Mordor game to play as a wraith, I wanted to pick up the dead project (Nazgul Race Beta) which seemed (in my opinion at least) to be lacking a few things, and had an over abundance on other things. So that in mind, I have created a 3 Phase project (which may be too ambitious and may not see all of it done) to give to the masses and Middle Earth/LOTR fans.

PHASE I :: Create/Fix the Nazgul race with as little to no bugs as possible.

PHASE II :: Develop a quest-line that will remove the Nazgul race from start menu. Journey to craft a Ring of Power and be ensnared by it becoming (via scripts) a Nazgul - Ring Wraith - seek out the 3 word walls for the Undying Screech (see Powers below), your Black breath, summon a Horse from Mordor, as well as the 8 Nazgul which will trigger the 2nd part of the quest (to find and challenge the Witch-King himself! Defeat him, become the Witch King, and unlock the ability to forge his weapons and armor (Witch King's helm requires the mod in the links below)

PHASE III :: The over ambitious part to re-create Skyrim in a Middle Earth overhaul, replacing starting races, perks, skill trees, questlines, etc etc.

Statistics:

+10 Conjuration {~} As a Nazgul you are taught the dark sorcery of Mordor as one of your main focuses

+5 Light Armor {~} Traveling light is a key to success as you rely more on your supernatural protections

+5 One-Handed {~} Although the Nazgul Greatsword (lotr weapon pack) is a two-handed weapon, you more focus on one handed blades (Morgul Blade, Witch King Sword & Mace, etc)

+5 Smithing {~} You were a great smith in your time, and those teachings have stuck with you through the transition

+5 Enchanting {~} Among smithing, you also retain the knowledge of arcane craftsmithing to have forged your Ring of Power

+5 Sneak {~} The Nazgul have no true physical form as they are beings of shadow left in the Wraith World, this allows you to move unseen/unheard

The Powers:

Black Breath - Envelope yourself with a poisonous aura that will harm and sicken mortals that get too close! (1/day power)

• 5 points of damage for 20 seconds in 10ft radius

Undying Screech - Let out a terrifying nazgul scream, making your enemies flee in terror.

• Enemies up to level 100 will flee within a 50ft radius for 30 seconds once per day

Wraith's Nature - Your unnatural abilities grant you a variety of positives and negatives

100% Resistance to Poison & Disease

50% Weakness to Fire

Waterbreathing

Wraith Form - Enter the wraith world as a reprieve from the mortal world so you can regain some health and stamina. Also grants protection from physical and magical attacks for a limited time (1/day Power for 30 seconds)

Health Regen Rate (1.50) - Default 0.3, but Nazgul Race have starting Regen Rate of 0.00

Stamina Regen Rate (10) - Default 5.0

Magicka Regen Rate reduced by 100%

Fortify Sneak (500pts)

Nazgul - Muffle (Muffled as the spell)

Spell Absorbtion (50%)

Physical Protection (80%) as Dragonhide spell

Wraith Visuals (Appear spectral)

Wraith World Visuals (Gray/Blue landscape with windy sounds and the voice of Sauron)

Summon The 8 - Summon 8 other Nazgul to follow and protect you. (A command system is in planning to be implimented) for 2 minutes, 1/day Power

Horse of Mordor - Summon a steed from Mordor, worthy of the Nazgul. (Summoned until killed, 1/day power)

Ring of Power: - Craft a Ring of Power and become a Nazgul (questline only. In PHASE I, this can be spawned (or crafted) for fun)

Fortify Magicka (100pts) :: Gain 100 more points of Magicka

Fortify One-Handed (40pts) :: One-Handed attacks do 40% more damage

Gain additional 1/day Wraith Form power (similar to how Ring of Hircine gives 1 more werewolf transformation) AS OF UPDATE 5 - REMOVED

------------------------UPDATE 1------------------------

-Nazgul Racial Resistance Perk now added (reduces all incoming damage from non-daedric sources by 10%).

-Crafted the Witch King's Sword and Mace (along with enchantments);

Witch King's Sword:

• Fiery Soul Trap Damage (100pts of Fire Damage for 3 seconds; Soul Trap for 5 seconds)
  • Absorb Stamina (75pts)
  • Damage Magicka (100pts)
  • Enchantment Capacity: 6000
  • Enchantment Cost: 150

Witch King's Mace:

• Double the power of a Daedric Mace (16dmg 8critical; average 14dps)
  • 32 Damage; 10 critical; average 28dps)
  • No special enchantments or capcity/cost

Morgul Blade: Only changes made here are annotated with a **, everything else was same from original mod

• Morgul Blade Damage - Health (100pts)**
  • Morgul Blade Soul Trap
  • Turns slain victim into a wraith under the Nazgul's command (Duration: 1 day)**

Screenshot:

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag308/CelestialVengeance/wraithvictim_zps29f4cd25.jpg

-Refined the recipe to craft/temper the Morgul Blade, Witch King Sword and Mace;

Recipes:

• Morgul Blade requires : 1x Bloody Rags - 1x Ingot, Steel - 2x Leather Strips - 1x Black Soul Gem(Filled) - 2x Void Salts [And Steel Smithing perk]
  • Witch King's Sword requires: 1x Ingot, Steel- 2x Ingot, Orichalcum - 2x Leather Strips - 1x Black Soul Gem(Filled) - 3x Void Salts [And Steel Smithing perk]
  • Witch King's Mace requires : 1x Ingot, Steel - 3x Ingot, Ebony - 3x Leather Strips - 1x Black Soul Gem(Filled) - 5x Void Salts [And Steel Smithing perk]
  • Nazgul Greatsword (New) : 1x Bloody Rags - 3x Ingot, Steel - 1x Ingot, Iron - 3x Leather Strips - 3x Void Salts [And Steel Smithing perk]

Tempering:

• Morgul Blade : 1x Human Heart - 1x Ingot, Ebony - 1x Black Soul Gem(Filled) - 1x Void Salts
  • Witch King's Sword: 1x Daedra Heart - 2x Ingot, Ebony - 1x Black Soul Gem(Filled) - 2x Void Salts
  • Witch King's Mace : 2x Ingot, Ebony - 1x Black Soul Gem(Any) - 2x Void Salts
  • Nazgul Greatsword : 1x Ingot, Ebony - 1x Void Salts
  • All require Arcane Blacksmithing perk (As all items come with enchantments) - except for the Nazgul Greatsword

-Finished the "Wraith Form" power including visuals and sound effects, and bonuses

Wraith Form: 1/day for 60 seconds

• Nazgul - Muffle (sound is muffled as the spell)
  • Nazgul - Fortify Sneak (500pts)
  • Nazgul - Wraith Visuals (appear spectral (ghostly))
  • RaceNazgulFortifyHealthRate (1.50)* see note
  • RaceNazgulFortifyStaminaRate (10)* see note
  • RaceNazgulDamageMagickaRate (100)* see note
  • Spell Absorb (50%)
  • 80% Physical Protection (as Dragonhide spell)
  • Wraith World Effect (see the world in a more blue/gray scale with the windy sounds of the Void (and the whispers of Sauron)

*Note1: Default Health rate is 0.3 (vanilla Skyrim). The Nazgul Race is set to have 0.0 (no health regen). Entering the Wraith Form will allow you a high regen rate than normal.

*Note2: Default Stamina rate is 5.0 (vanilla Skyrim). Wraith Form allows you to double your stamina regen rate.

*Note3: This means the magicka regen rate is reduced by 100% while in the Wraith Form. (Having enchantments to increase the regen rate can offset this).

------------------------UPDATE 2------------------------

-Nazgul Racial Resistance Perk upgraded to resist 50% damage from all sources except: Elven, Draugr, and Daedric

A Wraith's Protection: The reasoning behind the perk adjustment was from this (excerpt from Wiki):

"Mortal men could not touch them (unless blessed by weapons or tools of the ancient Elves of the First Age or by the Dúnedain, such as the barrow-blade used by Merry on the Witch-king of Angmar)."

And so I made it any weapon with the following keywords will bypass their damage reduction: "WeapMaterialElven", "WeapMaterialDraugr", and "WeapMaterialDaedric"

-Created the Undying Screech shout (added in the nazgul sound effects, the words, the spells, put it all together.

-Will include the shout/words for adding them in console command by next update

------------------------UPDATE 3------------------------

-Added Nazgul Greatsword

-Completed Nazgul armor details (stats, recipie to craft and temper)

Nazgul Boots(Basic):

• Armor Rating: 15
  • Weight: 4
  • Value: 220

Nazgul Boots(Witch-King):

• Armor Rating: 18
  • Weight: 8
  • Value: 625

Nazgul Gauntlets(Basic):

• Armor Rating: 15
  • Value: 220

Nazgul Gauntlets(Witch-King):

• Armor Rating: 18
  • Weight: 8
  • Value: 625

Nazgul Robes(Basic):

• Armor Rating: 35
  • Weight: 15
  • Value: 800

Nazgul Hood(Basic):

• Armor Rating: 12
  • Weight: 2
  • Value: 25

Nazgul Robes(Witch-King):

• Armor Rating: 41
  • Weight: 21
  • Value: 1600

Nazgul Hood(Witch-King):

• Armor Rating: 17
  • Value: 240

Nazgul Faceless Mask:

• Armor Rating: 1
  • Weight: 0
  • Value: 0
------------------------UPDATE 4------------------------
-Fixed a few bugs and sound fx issues, not having proper item/power descriptions or stats
-Hoods now are faceless as they should be (but the greatsword is sticking through them... working on that without making it look dumb
-Changed the 'Undying Screech' shout to just 1 word (less hassle with sound files and all that)
-Changed 'Summon the 8' to a shout (also 1 word) - should also prevent conflict with summoning the Black Horse of Mordor
------------------------UPDATE 5------------------------
-Too many problems with shouts, reverting back to spells and 1/day powers: (Black Breath, Undying Screech, Summon the Eight)
-Removed Additional Wraith Form from "Ring of Power" temporarily. Un-euipping and then re-equipping refreshes the power (cheaters! :tongue:)

------------------------NOTES-------------------------

This mod is a Work In Progress, and when released, I would appreciate any and all feedback (plus bug reports) so that I can flesh out the mod to full perfection ^_^. The following will NOT be done - or at least not currently planned::

• NazgulRaceVampire (while important for Dawnguard quests, this race was not made in mind for storyline quests other than its own. Plus an undead wraith becoming a vampire doesn't make sense)
  • Modeling/Textures - I don't know how so please don't ask
  • Shouts (While it WILL be implemented in future versions, at this point in time I still need to mess around with them to get familiarized with how to make custom shouts)

-------------------LINKS--------------------

Nazgul Race Beta:: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17036/? (this is the original mod, not the current mod in progress)

Recommended mods to complete the set (not sure if I can post these, but will put in anyways just in case I can):

LOTR Weapon Mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5727/?

One Ring mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35920/?

Witch King Helm: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24124/?

Alternate Start - Live Another Life (to avoid many bugs of the vanilla skyrim starting scenes): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?

Does it have a No DLC version?

At the moment, no. The Nazgul have a special perk that ignores the % of physical attacks, and that perk references a weapon list that has weapons listed from Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I'll admit I should have started with the base vanilla skyrim and have the perk only relate to regular weapon lists, but it was my assumption that majority of users at least have the legendary edition by now :( So I apologize for that. There is no current plans to re-create the module to exclude this list, but if the demand is great enough for it, I will.

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: Sorry that I've been away for awhile. Life has kept me busy.

This mod is going to be receiving a major overhaul (re-built from gound up). It seems that porting over the old mod has caused people some issues (mostly with the armor, horse, and/or other nazgul).... SO! I've decided to redo this mod. Will start simple I think by creating the race and a few simple abilities to get it started. The armor, the Ring of Power, the other powers (Summon the Eight)etc. will come later. We'll take it a bit slower and make sure things work first.

You can expect the first revision by the end of this month (That should give me plenty of time to work on this along side my other projects).

1st Revision Should Include:

• Nazgul Race (redux) - again no vampire support; so please do not ask. (default health/magicka/stamina regen values)
  • Racial Resistant Perk (50% except by elven, daedric, or draugr weapons)
  • Power (Wraith's Nature): 100% immunity disease/poison + Waterbreathing
  • Power (Wraith Form): All the things listed in the original post
  • Stats: Will probably change to be a bit more lore-friendly, TBD.

2nd Revision Should Include: I don't have a planned release for this yet

• Nazgul Armor (-should- hopefully be black instead of Graybeard gray...)
  • Nazgul Weapons (inc. Witch King's sword, mace, etc.)
  • Power (Black Breath)
  • Power (Nazgul Screech)
  • Ring of Power

3rd Revision Should Include: I don't have a planned release for this yet

• The Nine (summons the 8 other nazgul) as allies until killed or unsummoned (using UFO or AFT)
Edited by theundreaming

Okay well good news. It's coming along a lot faster than I originally planned. I could have it done by the end of THIS week. Restoring most of the features listed in the main post (including the armor and some of the powers). For ease of use, I have decided to remove the summoning of the other 8 and modor horses for now. Might be included in a later update or as a separate mod.