Skyrim keeps crashing to Desktop w/ no error code.

arcticwolf3

Okay, so my Skyrim game continues to crash to my desktop after a few minutes in game with no error code or game icon up. I have tried practically everything in the book. My game has done this occasionally in the past (maybe once/hour) and it only elevated recently when I started trying to fix it. It has done this prior to and after installing mods. I have tried deleting corrupt save files. I have scrubbed the main files clean. It still crashes with or without my mods. I have turned off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering and lowered resolution to try and fix this and it did not help. I've had this game since the release in 2011. Only thing I can think of that would impact my game would be my recent move to a dormitory (and the ensuing horrible wi-fi) and/or recently moving the game from Program files to my D: drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Graphics driver: amd radeon hd 6700 series

Windows 7 OS

DLC and Mods: Hearthfire, Purewater, Total Character Makeover, RSkyrimChildren Overhaul.

Load order:

Skyrim.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Update.esm

RSkyrimChildren.esm

Purewaters.esp

RSChildren_HF.esp

Thanks.

Do you use custom texture mods? They don't have esp files, so can't see that info.

You mentioned getting rid of corrupted saves and cleaning main files. I hope you didn't try cleaning Skyrim.esm? If you did... then you should do data validation from Steam and redownload it. Update.esm should be placed after Skyrim.esm, not after Hearthfires.esm. Did you look your current last save (not quicksave) with save cleaner? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Did you try run new game without mods? Does it crash too?

How are other games/more needy programs working? Maybe it's overheating, power problem or ram problem?

Nope, no custom texture mods. I did not clean Skyrim.esm, just the Update.esm and Hearthfire.esm. Moved Update.esm to below Skyrim.esm

Tried the save cleaner and all of the options and nothing was changed or removed.

The game didn't crash in the first 10 minutes, but it had a few glitches cosmetically like shiny egg-heads and arms being texture less and shiny. Again, the problem has been there since before I've modded the game, it just got worse when I tried to fix it.

My other games work just fine. Skyrim is the only one that is having a problem, and it has started only recently with my move.

That's weird, RS children can give you shiny potato head for children, but only if you use it with other children altering mods. Graphical glitches can be graphic card problems or insufficient RAM. If other games run well, can it be that Skyrim is your most "needy" game atm?

Of course you can try SKSE with SKSE.ini tweak for memory. But without even high res texture packs its shouldn't be really issue.