Retaking The Forgotten Vale

FenderFinger

Okay I know there are probably a lot of people out there thinking that this is another Snow Elf Post. Well it is. I frigging love those Snow Elves. Why? I couldn't tell you. Maybe I sympathize with them. But that being said I think its time we give these guys a bit more hopeful come back then what is left to us in end of Dawnguard. Sorry Spoilers. but seriously if you haven't played through the DLC yet, I don't know what you are doing with your life. Back to what I was saying. I say we bring them back in style. Integrate it into the Dawnguard storyline. And I apologize for all these Ideas too. I have a lot of ideas and they may be written out of order in what they would actually be occurring.

The start would be getting a letter from a courier asking the DB to meet outside the forgotten vale. Say like 5 Snow Elves. Gelebor being one of them. but another one being an NPC I have dubbed the Ice Queen. So Gelebor stays behind and guards the entrance to the Vale at the first way shrine. You take the rest into the Vale. The other 3 Elves, will more than Likely be a warrior, a ranger, and mage. You can pick two to come with you as one should stay with the queen. At another point one of the companions is sent back to the Queen and her Guard telling them to move up but to stay close to the way shrines. So now its just you and one of the companions. You make it through the whole Vale and to Chantry. I also suppose that Serana is with you too. But then You have to send the other elf back to get the rest of them while you plow on ahead. Blah Blah Blah. So you complete the quest and Gelebor conveniently pops back up and talks to you. you can tell him that the rest of the elves are on their way. He will, and you leave. Some time later you hear back from elves, they have grown in numbers. and are sitting pretty at about 15ish But they need your help. Someone always needs your help it seems like. Anyway, the Elves are scared of the Betrayed coming back and killing them so they are looking for some help. You and your team of friends (Who ever they maybe) will come in and help small Snow Elven Teams to burn the Betrayed's nests and Structures. This will lead to a massive fight lead by you coming through the vale (Again) and this time lighting s*** up and killing everything you can find. This ends with a battle on the bridge to the chantry with the Ice Queen leading her elves from one side and you leading your followers from the other side.

You are thanked warmly and then more than likely leave. after another courier arrives asking you to talk to Elisif or Ulfric. Saying something like, "I know the nords have much on their minds like war and freedom, but I wish to extend my hand to you and wish that you see us harmless. We simply wish to see our small piece of land restored and to restore hope to our people once more." If sided with the Empire and Elisif, Elisif will grant her her wish. (and if possible to have the two meet and talk that would be amazing) but Ulfric would will reluctantly let it happen but secretly plans on moving troops and taking the Vale from them.

Either way the letter will also include some instructions for you to do if you wish to help.

Thing like Gathering Workers and along with materials like silver, ivory, and stone.

Okay after all those tasks are completed and some more Snow Elves show up along with an Imperial and High Elf who claim to Snow Elven Scholars. They are aloud to stay as they say they have some information on the location of the Snow Prince's armor might be.

Some of it is probably going to be in Riften near/in Nightengale Hall, Because of Gallus. Also a few more journals from him. Then some with be found on Solsthiem belonging to Dark Elf, of whom said that she/he found it along time ago. The two pieces of armor are broken and kept in big bags, and Then you would have the Crown or something either seperate or not it doesn't matter. But Then when you have done that you will be tasked to looking for his spear. The spear will probably be somewhere in the eastern half of skyrim/Solsthiem. It is also broken just like the armor is And in someway contented to a dark elf. Then Once you get the spear you return to the Vale there will be a small alter set up and a mannequin with the symbol of arui-el carved into the chest. you will be asked to place the armor on the mannequin and the spear on the alter. Once done then the queen would say some words and boom blinding light and cut scene kind of thing.

There is the snow prince talking to you and the queen. He grants you a power to cast a special high damage Ice spell. and Then you are released and you talk to the queen and she is surprised it worked and then thanks you and ends the quest line giving the player the title of Auriels Champion and Champion of the Snow Elves and her people. The Player receives another player home there and some other stuff that I haven't thought of yet.

She will ask if you would like to continue the helping the elves you can either help or not.

and then I would say probably one - four more quest(lines) would be added in later. More than likely involving the Eyes of the Falmer and the statue that you conveniently put at the bottom of a lake and so on. Probably one about helping find an Aedric (yes Aedric, I like good guys) artifact. Something involving the Thalmor and how they want to get into the Vale and the Snow Elves are like hell no and need you help. Something related to finding a unique Frost Dragon who swears to the Dragonborn and to the Queen (Who we find out is also a 'Dragonborn') to serve as protecter of the Vale. And maybe something involving the Psijics and the Eye of Magnus. And not necessarily in that order either.

Also I have plans in my head to implement many new armors and weapons. Along with trying to make the quests meaningful and choices genuine for a fun experience.

If you read that jumbled mess of thought then good job. If you didn't well here is a summary,

I like snow elves and think they should come back in a cool way. I have a lot of Ideas as to how but don't have the means of doing it. I was hoping to reach out to the wonderful and talented modding community to help as I wanted something to bring more life back to the game by creating something I like.

Thank You for reading and your time. Also sorry for any missing words or poor grammar it just sort of happens when I get excited.

The picture below I saw awhile ago and I used it as my starting point for all of this. I did not draw it.