Epilogue Slides Don't Play on multiple saves despite repair attempts

RoguePony

-SOLVED-

Oh god I love this game so much but it is SO BUGGY. RAWR.

Right so after the coronation and my character's funeral, the epilogue slides do not play. It just flashes to the main menu for half a second then plays the credits.

I've been replaying saves before the archdemon's defeat for hours, repairing/restoring my game files via Origin, wiping out all of my mods and trying different scenarios so Alistair died instead in case it was just a bug with the funeral scene. As soon as I told the guard I was ready, nada. Fade to black, flash to main menu, then credits.

I've searched for this quite a lot and found the similar thread on here, http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1892475-epilogue-slides-dont-play

It's suggested reinstalling the 1.05 patch will fix the epilogue, wiping mods out and so on and so forth. I tried it all and my game is still frighteningly stubborn.

I haven't tried reinstalling, as it's Digital Download I'm terrified of the download times and thought "Repair Game Files" would essentially have the same effect.

The mods I have were installed via DAUpdater, I realise that may have been a mistake but ah well. Repairing the game files wiped them all out from the Downloaded Content tab so I cleared the Overrides folder too, didn't do a thing except remove the modded effects from my game.

Improved Atmosphere
AddItemImproved1_1
PineappleTree'sVibrantColours1_31

Advanced Tactics

Ser Gilmore NPC
cc_core_200
Sleep Until Dawn

Alistair's Nightmare

Fort Drakon Kiss
IRS - Improved Romance Scenes

Dahlia's First Night

and the mod that lets you have your dog as a summoned companion

Oh how I regret installing that Ser Gilmore mod, but it was for another character and I never interacted or saw him once during my bugged character.

I also spontaneously created a new character and ran runscript zz_epi_debug on it, the coronation and funeral scenes played perfectly (compared to my first few times where both Alistair and Anora's separate coronations played) but then it flashed to the main menu and rolled the credits.

Please can anybody help me? I did an awesome playthrough with all the side quests - I need to be rewarded with those epilogue slides! xD

Update: I managed to fix it! The culprit was indeed the Companion Compatibility Core and I was able to totally remove it via these instructions on the mod's page:

Remove
To completely remove the Companion Compatibility Core add-on:
1. In [My Documents]\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\ folder delete the cc_core folder
2. In [My Documents]\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\coredata\ and the cc_core.erf file
3. In [My Documents]\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\ find and open the AddIns.xml file in a text editor, locate the AddInItem node with UID="cc_core" Name="Companion Compatibility Core" and delete the node completely.
The third one doesn't seem to be entirely necessary as I couldn't find the entry but my game worked anyway!
Thanks theskymoves for pushing me in the right direction :wink:
Edited by RoguePony

Oh god I love this game so much but it is SO BUGGY. RAWR.

Right so after the coronation and my character's funeral, the epilogue slides do not play. It just flashes to the main menu for half a second then plays the credits.

I've been replaying saves before the archdemon's defeat for hours, repairing/restoring my game files via Origin, wiping out all of my mods and trying different scenarios so Alistair died instead in case it was just a bug with the funeral scene. As soon as I told the guard I was ready, nada. Fade to black, flash to main menu, then credits.

I've searched for this quite a lot and found the similar thread on here, http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1892475-epilogue-slides-dont-play

It's suggested reinstalling the 1.05 patch will fix the epilogue, wiping mods out and so on and so forth. I tried it all and my game is still frighteningly stubborn.

I haven't tried reinstalling, as it's Digital Download I'm terrified of the download times and thought "Repair Game Files" would essentially have the same effect.

The mods I have were installed via DAUpdater, I realise that may have been a mistake but ah well. Repairing the game files wiped them all out from the Downloaded Content tab so I cleared the Overrides folder too, didn't do a thing except remove the modded effects from my game.

Improved Atmosphere

AddItemImproved1_1

PineappleTree'sVibrantColours1_31

Advanced Tactics

Ser Gilmore NPC

cc_core_200

Sleep Until Dawn

Alistair's Nightmare

Fort Drakon Kiss

IRS - Improved Romance Scenes

Dahlia's First Night

and the mod that lets you have your dog as a summoned companion

Oh how I regret installing that Ser Gilmore mod, but it was for another character and I never interacted or saw him once during my bugged character.

I also spontaneously created a new character and ran runscript zz_epi_debug on it, the coronation and funeral scenes played perfectly (compared to my first few times where both Alistair and Anora's separate coronations played) but then it flashed to the main menu and rolled the credits.

Please can anybody help me? I did an awesome playthrough with all the side quests - I need to be rewarded with those epilogue slides! xD

Of those mods, the only ones which haven't been in my install since forever are Improved Atmosphere, Ser Gilmore, and the Companion Compatibility core. The others all play well together, and the only one which even touches the epilogue slideshow is IRS-Alistair, and then only if you've also installed the optional epilogue tweak.

Some very cursory googling leads me to this... were I in your shoes, my investigation would focus on the cc_core as being the most likely suspect in the slideshow thievery.

Yep I found that thread :wink: The cc_core came with Ser Gilmore, so 'tis evil! But alas I've tried playing and restoring the game without it and the other mods, still didn't work. :sad:

I never thanked you for your help in my other thread by the way, I'm awfully forgetful when it comes to forums, but I now have a competent grasping of all the morph files thanks to you! :smile:

Update: I just forced the epilogue on a character that never had the cc_core installed and the problem still occurs, no mods are loaded.

Update update: Fixed it and put the fix in the first post!

Edited by RoguePony

Whenever people encounter problems that persist beyond the removal of the mod suspected of causing it, and Improved Atmosphere was involved... THAT'S where I'd suspect the issue originated.

IA is a great mod, but it "bakes-in" changes to save files that can't be undone, and it doesn't play well with other mods at all. :ermm: