UE Explorer Open Sourced (Well actually partially...)

EliotVU

Hey guys, been a while you may have seen a post from me here but I have recently released the source code of my Unreal Library that is part of UE Explorer and is what makes up the whole UnrealScript part of the program(basically anything but its interface).

You can fork the source code is released under MIT at https://github.com/EliotVU/Unreal-Library It is bigger than you might think! Although not the most clean code (:

Files of interest:

What can I do with the Unreal Library?:

• Add custom games support for UE Explorer and other tools.
  • Build your own tools for .upk files.
  • Enhance the code output in the way that you may like it.
  • The Eliot.UELib.dll can be replaced by your custom one, so long as it doesn't break compatibility.

If you got a question or suggestion please do it here :smile: thanks!

Edited by EliotVU

Oooh! :ohmy: That's going to make some people very happy. Thanks for the contribution to the community. Added the information to the "Modding Tools" wiki article under UE Explorer.

I'm assuming "released under MIT" refers to a specific set of license terms. Not familiar with that one. Can you provide a link to those terms so I can add it to the article, please? Appreciate it.

-Dubious-

If i dont have it wrong in my mind, this should be the real Meat ;), aside of gui and display stuff.

You normal dont need to recompile, as mono is just another VM for the .NET Bytecode, trying to stay prettymuch compatible to the MS VM.

So i guess i would at first simply try to start the UEE with mono.

It is the library. Of course, it has all the functions, but UI is not only windows and buttons. :wink: For example, tokens and disassembled tokens view is immensely helpful with writing and debugging the code. I'll need to re-create this from scratch if I'm about to make Linux UEE out of this library. And I'm not up to this task. :smile:

UEE is packed into Windows executable. I don't know how else I can start it under Linux, but with Wine. And Wine doesn't want to launch it.

Edited by wghost81