ljenk

Would it be possible to create a HUD minimap with a blip that represents and moves with the player? If you're like me and forget where you're going a lot, constantly bringing up the pip-boy to look at the local map can get...tiresome. The best place for it would probably be top left of the screen. It would need a toggle function, or work with Gopher's iHUD / oHUD as it could get in the way at times. I'm not bothered about lots of detail, just a small version of the basic pip-boy map would do fine.

Edited by ljenk

That does look pretty cool, I will try it at some point. It doesn't help with navigation though, which is my problem. I'm guessing it's not easily do-able, as it's such an obvious idea and nobody has made it. Still, thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

It might be possible to take the world map and overlay the radar hud over the portion of the map where the player is.

I doubt it would be possible for the local map, since that is generated by the game engine at run-time and doesn't rely on external assets.