DA:O Keeps crashing!

BetAnya

Glad you got it sorted. Never heard of a particular save causing those sorts of issues. :huh:

As for BioWare not saying the Intel HD Graphics chips weren't good enough, it's just that they never said they were. The technical aspects of GPUs are so arcane that only serious study allows one to determine if product [x] is really as capable as product [y]. And making things harder is the fact that Intel doesn't publish the specs for its GPUs in the same format or units as AMD and nVidia, so it is always an apples-to-oranges comparison.

I'm not entirely sure about my conclusion, but it seems to be implied that save file got bad. I haven't heard of it yet, but who knows. For now it seems the file was problematic, as other save file worked normally. I'll have to play as city elf further, pass the fade and reach Cullen, just to see if I'm right or not.
You could be right about gpu business. I'm happy with this one. Serves me well. I'll let you know if I was right or not.

EDIT: This is a true mindf*#@. I've loaded my city elf save file and it didn't freeze when I spoke with Cullen. The game didn't lag nor did it freeze, which definitely leads me to say that mage male save file was a problem somehow. Don't know how, but I can't think of any other thing that could have caused the problem I dealt with. o.O

This is truly odd. :blink:

EDIT II: Okay, another problem had occurred. I have human female mage and I forgot about blood mage ability, so I let her be shapeshifter and I'm planning to make her learn arcane warrior ability.

So, I created human male mage, I unlocked blood mage and now that I've managed to reach Brecillien Forest; initiating conversation causes freezing as if refreshing. After the game freezes 3 times, it crashes and says that it just stopped working.

I thought that there is a limit to how many characters you can create. I've backed up my files and deleted finished walkthrough, so I only have female and male human mage left. It still behaves the same. So...I'm confused.

It seems that creating a new character causes this. The supposed corrupted file was also male mage. I've created a new male mage, the game froze once or twice in Mage Tower, then it froze in Redcliffe castle which resulted in crashing. And now I can barely begin a conversation with Dalish elves, as the game crashes after freezing up 3 times in the row. D:

Edited by Malkblood