Unlimited companions?

exodiaj

Is it possible to gain more than 3 companions? That some modification allows you to chose all companions available during the choose party screen?

I looked on dragonagenexus but I could not find any modification that could let you have more companions, I look for this now because I feel like I want an army by my side and it feels a bit unrealistic to me that their not all there with you, plus I swear I've seen a mod like that before, so I looked for it and found nothing. But I also have doubts that I could have missed it if it does exist. I often get pestered by my mother that I didn't look hard enough :confused: . I found summoning modifications, but what I want to know is if its possible to have all your companions follow and fight with you. If their is a modification that allows you to do that, if you could link me I would be grateful. Even if their is a cheat that allows you to do such, I would like to be told about it.

Please. :blush:

----------

It's not a mod, it's a built in Console Command: "runscript zz_addparty [NPCName]"

You won't be able to control all of the NPC's actions the way you do your "usual three" companions', but you can select them and identify their targets by clicking "in-scene". There are ways to better manage them by adding a particular character the normal way at some point and adjusting their AI tactics, then swapping them out and adding them through the console.

I've had parties of eight, just to see what happens. (Wasn't much fun, BTW. Too overpowered.)

Would be nice with an expansion of the extra dog slot mod, like "summonable Alistar" or something like that. For me it is the RP that is most important, I do not care if it get a bit "to easy". Bigger party please!

Its been tried. Believe me there are requests for something like this several times a month. Both here, and on the official site. Have been since the game came out. Hasnt been figured out how to do it yet. Otherwise we'd already have had a mod that lets us do it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're talking about the command script to add members to your party... yes it does. They will not interact, and cannot be controlled by the player. They will act as they do during the Shriek invasion of the camp, or when defending Denerim during the lead up to the final battle.

Theres been some speculation that they will also not aquire XP while in the party in a manner like that, but I dont know if it's true or not.

You can also bug your game if you load up a character in that fashion, if you havent met them yet. For instance not being able to recruit Oghy in Orzammar if you load him into the party before recruiting him.

• 5 years later...