Steampunk Clockwork Bow

kieranfoy

Note: If the gears are either going to always spin, or rotate a limited amount based on the morphing. One a weapon is equipped, you can't call animation controls on it. You can add permanent animation to nodes that run regardless of what's being done with the weapon.

I can add spinning gears to a bow, retext, etc. w/o any problem. What I need to learn how to do is the morphing. If anyone has learned how to do the morphing per Nico's tutorial, I could do the rest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alonso...let me know if you need me to do anything for this. For the gears to be spinning at the ends of the bow, you need to morph nodes for the gears, not the gears themselves. Last time I tried to add in nodes to the morph I simply crashed the game.

The spinning gears are simple. What I've lacked in the past is a clue on morphing. I found a 3ds tutorial I will check out. If it's easy to manage, I'll do the bow just so I can learn how.

----------

Ok, I know how to do a morph of static objects, but Oblivion is only allowing one morph controller per bow. Gears on the bow ends could be morphed to rotate with draw/release, but they would be vertices merged into the root mesh. I don't think I would get that done soon, with having to remap the texturing for the gears.

Ah, well. thanks for trying. If you feel like trying to make the bow in a simpler fashion, then that would be awesome. You know, just make 'em rotate and don't worry about morphs.

If I understand the terminology correctly.