Cloaks Of Skyrim - Cloaks Are Invisible No Matter What I Try -PLEASE HELP-

Panthiest

So for two days now I've been trying to figure out what the problem is. There's no literal problem with the mod "Cloaks Of Skyrim" itself. It's just the textures in-game

The items do show up in game, but they are always invisible. I can loot them off of dead npc's. Even equip them. But they never show up on npc's, in the item menu, or on my character.

I've tried messing with the load order, to see if other mods were screwing with it. Even tried only using the cloak mod alone. Still invisible. I only have Cloak.esp ticked in my data files also. So there isn't a conflict with No Imperials or Character only.

It would be awesome if someone could help me understand what the problem is, so I can fix it. Thanks

So here's the thing. I feel your exact pain. Cloaks of Skyrim sucks if we're gonna talk about the install side. The files just don't find their right place. It's terrible. I'll be brutally honest from my experience. An abandoned mod may as well be a dead one. CoS is actually one of the first mods I installed alongside Various Guard Outfits and it worked like a charm. I put on mod after mod and there was no conflict. Then I happened to ruin my V-sync and uninstalled Skyrim hoping it'd fix my ini since changing and saving it manually didn't work. It was right after that I fired up SKSE and Nexus Mod Manager when I noticed my cloak was gone. Invisible, just like your problem. You've probably spent so much time searching the internet and old forum posts finding nothing.

Installing with Wyre Bash doesn't work. Installing manually doesn't work. Going in the folder and pasting by hand each mesh and texture doesn't work. Shifting the load order doesn't work.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel though. If you aren't opposed installing JUST that mod into mod organizer, it worked for me. For a brief moment I got the cloaks and textures to show up. You are gonna wanna make sure that you don't allow it to use the NXM extension or it's a HUGE pain in the ass resetting and downloading things with the NMM. That's your best bet. Try it and if it works I guess it's my dick you're sucking.

Edited by TheSilverSoul

• 5 years later...

So here's the thing. I feel your exact pain. Cloaks of Skyrim sucks if we're gonna talk about the install side. The files just don't find their right place. It's terrible. I'll be brutally honest from my experience. An abandoned mod may as well be a dead one. CoS is actually one of the first mods I installed alongside Various Guard Outfits and it worked like a charm. I put on mod after mod and there was no conflict. Then I happened to ruin my V-sync and uninstalled Skyrim hoping it'd fix my ini since changing and saving it manually didn't work. It was right after that I fired up SKSE and Nexus Mod Manager when I noticed my cloak was gone. Invisible, just like your problem. You've probably spent so much time searching the internet and old forum posts finding nothing.

Installing with Wyre Bash doesn't work. Installing manually doesn't work. Going in the folder and pasting by hand each mesh and texture doesn't work. Shifting the load order doesn't work.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel though. If you aren't opposed installing JUST that mod into mod organizer, it worked for me. For a brief moment I got the cloaks and textures to show up. You are gonna wanna make sure that you don't allow it to use the NXM extension or it's a HUGE pain in the ass resetting and downloading things with the NMM. That's your best bet. Try it and if it works I guess it's my dick you're sucking.

:o

Based on the fact you installed Winter is Coming and still no cloaks means you got something hikacking I believe the tail node of your char.

The human Skyrim is made of of nodes. When you equip gauntlets you might take up the forearm node or just the hand node or both. If you equip another pair of gauntlets they will remove your current pair of gauntlets because they will need to take the forearms or hands nodes.

Try completely unequipping everything and trying on the cloaks.
Start a new game with just the DLC and Cloaks, use the console to player.additem (cloak armor id) 1 so give yourself a cloak and try it on.