✦SUMMERSET DLC✦ HELP NEEDED

Quabo

Quabo, you gotta cut your teeth on a smaller project before you can expect anyone to blindly place trust in your dream project. We all got dreams, bro, but modding takes drive, too. The fact that you were quick to shift the blame, cop an attitude, and throw the towel in right after you got a reality check just goes to show that you aren't ready to lead yet.

If you decide to announce a modding project on a public avenue, always expect to be criticised. If you cannot deal with criticism, then the modding community is no place for you.

Besides, you ought to look at criticisms as good things, as suggestions on how to make your project better by showing you what needs improvement. Even if the criticism is worded more acerbically than you'd like. And if the criticism is unfounded, then why pay any heed to it?

Yes, I would second the idea that you should be working to 'Show what you can do' by putting together a smaller project with maybe only one person or two, or maybe just yourself, then at least you can have a little clout when asking for supporters for a large project. You don't go to a bank and expect them to give you a new business loan when you have no experience and no plan. Admittedly you DO have a nicely laid out design goal and plan at large, but in a community like this, coming in cold it's best to humble yourself and appeal for little bits of help here and there as you learn the ropes of modding as you develop your project. The scope of what you are doing says 'I know exactly what I am doing and have lots of experience' but your credentials say quite the opposite, so people are skeptical

Do you even have a working knowledge of modding? I don't see that you've mentioned that and honestly, even if you don't know the ins and outs of scripting and how quests can be used to handle functions and not just 'tasks for the player' and how the havoc system works (or doesn't work), how models are rigged, lighting's limitations, LOD, Navmesh, Region gen, etc, etc, you DO still have a responsibility to your team to at least have a cursory understanding of these things if you are ever going to expect people to follow your lead, much less be able to pull it all together in the end.

I came on here in April for the first time in a long while. I had built a MASSIVE oblivion mod but knew nothing at all about papyrus and began teaching myself stuff and asking questions and helping out folks on the forum as I learned stuff and could answer their questions and built something really awesome and kickass I feel and have some good support behind me to where if I stepped up with a project like this to the public I could say 'I've been working on this project for 8 months, it's really polished now, I have lots of supporters and people helping me out with some tasks and I have a vision for the next phase and wanted to see if anyone was able and interested in helping out; here's what I have in mind' and I'd get a favorable response, not because I had a cool idea, there are lots of those around, but because I showed that I could see a project through to the end, presented myself professionally and politely (in most circumstances), and could work well with others AND have the skills it takes to make something happen or at least be able to understand how someone else on my team was able to make it happen.

I know it may feel like you are being dumped on by the community here but really, let me say that this community is amazing at large and most folks are genuine and I think at large everyone wants to see one another succeed, but I think you maybe are a bit out of your depth with the scope of this project given your tenure here and your lack of portfolio, especially given your need for others to show for themselves that which you lack (or are just not sharing).