Help with custom bound weaponry

hideouscircus

Hoping someone can talk me past the problem I've having with a custom bound weapon.

What I want to do is set up a bound version of the Rueful Axe. I made copies of the nif files for the bound battle axe. Then i removed the fire and ripple effects from thenif which whoed the summong effects and replaced it with the NiTriShape for the Rueful Axe from that nif. Then I went into the CK and made duplicates of all the CK items pertaining to the bound battleaxe and renamed them and tailored them to the rueful axe versions (changed file paths, etc.). Then I made a translucent texture for the rueful axe.

The axe gets summoned as it should and behaves as it should no problems. The problem I'm having is in the animations and effects specificly in the summoning animation. I've noticed that with a translucent texture on the 1st person nif makes it so that the summoning portion of the spell looks like the vanilla bound weapons in that when you summon the weapon it's not visible until after the summoning animation is done and the weapon is in hand. However once it's in hand there's no detail to it. It's just the blue glow effects that surround the weapon. If I put the aforementioned translucent texture on the 1st person nif when I summon the weapon instead of the weapon showing up after the summoning effects are finished it manifest in air, hovers for a moment while the summoning effects finish and then it ends up in the hand of the character as it should and looks as it should when held.

I'd like to be able to summon the weapon and have it look as the vanilla spells so that the weapon is visible until after the summoning effects, but I also want that detail to the weapon when it's being held rather than just having the glow effects.

I'm looking for any suggestions and/or tips and I'm happy to provide screens shots or files upon request :)

The top screen shot shows how the axe comes up when you summon it as opposed to vanilla bound weapons which don't "appear" until after the summoning effects. I need a way to fix this or maybe someone with some blender experience to adjust the refract mesh in the vanilla boundbattleaxeencheffects.nif file. Hoping someone see's this. Cheers. :)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o300/hideouscircus/ScreenShot54_zps89185f19.pnghttp://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o300/hideouscircus/ScreenShot56_zps633b81c4.png

Edited by hideouscircus