SKSE Launched with Mod Organizer stuck in windows mode

jigijigi

I have been trying to resolve this problem over at Skyrimmods at reddit, links to both discussions will be available at the bottom of the page, to no such avail. The problem began as a enemy render distance issue, but that has sense been resolved. To fix that problem i was told to copy "skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini from Documents\my games\Skyrim to Mod Organizer\profiles\Default". After doing so the enemy render distance now works fine, but when i launch SKSE from Mod Organizer the game is stuck in windowed mode. Also when skyrim and SKSE are launched with the vanilla game without mod organizer the game runs full screen with the correct resolution. How do i get Mod Organizer to run full screen with the correct resolution?

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2mtvre/skse_launched_with_mod_organizer_stuck_in/

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2mo93p/enemy_draw_distance_issue_when_launched_with_skse/

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this thread is old, but in case anyone stumbles across it like I did looking for a fix, here it is:
Open you Skyrimprefs.ini (Documents\My Games\Skyrim) and make sure "bFull Screen=1" says 1 not 0. When it does, save (ctrl + s) and select everything (ctrl + a) and copy it (ctrl + c).

The ini's MO uses should be in your in Mod Organizer profiles. Click the jigsaw puzzle icon at the top, select INI Editor. If that's where the problem is, you'll need to change the setting in all your MO profiles.

Open the INI editor like Tony_OQuinn said and paste the text (ctrl + v) you just copied in the "skyrimprefs.ini" tab that will most likely be empty.

Save your changes, and you're done. You probably have to edit the ini files through Mod Organizer instead from now on though, which works the same you just open them through MO.

Edited by ZurGaa

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue with my new compy when i plugged in my HDMI cable. This fix worked for me.

The ini's MO uses should be in your in Mod Organizer profiles. Click the jigsaw puzzle icon at the top, select INI Editor. If that's where the problem is, you'll need to change the setting in all your MO profiles.

* Thank you, Tony_OQuinn ! *

• 3 months later...

thanks tony you helped me to I know its an old thread but for some reason when I did a full install and then put all mods back in it started in windowed mode I checked in mo ini and the resolution settings were wrong like I said thanks.

• 1 month later...