Need Help with MOD Installer.

Zaronios

Hello, Nexus people! I'm here as a skyrim newbie modder and I need some help with a MOD Installer.

-- Sorry if i'm not in the correct section of the Forum to post this, but i just couldn't find a correct place --

First of all, here's my MOD: Daedric Glows - New and Enhanced Colors. As you can see, it has many download links, and I have plans on increasing it's number even more, but I don't really want it.
What do i mean? Well, I want to make a MOD Installer box, such as some great mods have (Immersive Animatios and Climates of Tamriel for example), where when you download it, you get into an installation screen with many Check Boxes so you choose what you want or don't want to install, click next and choose the second part of options, and so on.
I'm in a Really need of such an Installer because I simply can't organize my MOD the way I want due the fact I don't want people to search 50 download links to find the one he wants.

What do I plan to do: Create separate files for each color according to each part/weapon/gender.

Being more specific, I want to do something like--

--"Choose one Color for Daedric Male Torso"
--"Choose one Color for Daedric Female Torso"
--"Choose one Color for Daedric Sword"
--"Choose one Color for Daedric BattleAxe"...

I guess you guys got the idea already, so, Can anyone, Please, help me?
I'm not asking to do the whole installer or anything, just for some help and tutorials. (Not that I would complain if someone offers to do the whole thing xD)
Thanks for the attention,

Zaronios.

I'm not sure how to make one of these, but it's called a FOMOD installer. I did, however, find this link on this forum page that may be what you are looking for.

EDIT: I hope that someone is able to assist you further if this was not what you were looking for.

Edited by LivingDragon

Hm, I'll take a look, really thank you :)
Hopefully It'll do it, and I -maybe- won't need help. I just really hope it's a complete tutorial, teaching how to do "pages" with the "next" button, unless of a single page! Hahaha
Ty, Ty.

Check this out. The one I used is the one that LivingDragon linked to for FONV

An installer for NMM is exactly the same as an installer for FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager) - it's basically an XML document that tells NMM what to do.

Within your Mod download, at the top level, you need to put a folder called FOMod.
In that folder, you need to put your XML instructions file which is called ModuleConfig.xml.

The easiest way to see how this works is to look at a Mod that does something similar to what you want to do, & check out it's .xml file - for your requirements, I recommend you look at SMIM, it's got a well written installer that allows the user to choose from multiple options just the way you seem to want.

Each page of the NMM installer is a separate installStep within the ModuleConfig.xml file.

Like this:

<installSteps order="Explicit">
	<installStep name="Whatever01">
		Stuff to do for Page 01
	</installStep>
	<installStep name="Whatever02">
		Stuff to do for Page 02
	</installStep>
</installSteps>
Say you want to have a page of the installer deal with choosing a mesh for the Daedric Torso, with separate options for Male & Female, you set that page up like this:

<installStep name="Daedric Torso">
	<optionalFileGroups>
		<group name="Male Torso" type="SelectAtMostOne">
			<plugins>
				<plugin name="Orange Glow">
					<description>
						This is the normal Orange Glow.
					</description>
					<image path="Images/Male_Torso_Orange.jpg"/>
					<files>
						<folder source="Male_Torso_Orange\meshes" destination="meshes"/>
					</files>
					<typeDescriptor>
						<type name="Optional"/>
					</typeDescriptor>
				</plugin>
				<plugin name="Purple Glow">
					<description>
						This is the normal Purple Glow.
					</description>
					<image path="Images/Male_Torso_Purple.jpg"/>
					<files>
						<folder source="Male_Torso_Purple\meshes" destination="meshes"/>
					</files>
					<typeDescriptor>
						<type name="Optional"/>
					</typeDescriptor>
				</plugin>
			</plugins>
		</group>
		<group name="Female Torso" type="SelectAtMostOne">
			<plugins>
				<plugin name="Orange Glow">
					<description>
						This is the normal Orange Glow.
					</description>
					<image path="Images/Female_Torso_Orange.jpg"/>
					<files>
						<folder source="Female_Torso_Orange\meshes" destination="meshes"/>
					</files>
					<typeDescriptor>
						<type name="Optional"/>
					</typeDescriptor>
				</plugin>
				<plugin name="Purple Glow">
					<description>
						This is the normal Purple Glow.
					</description>
					<image path="Images/Female_Torso_Purple.jpg"/>
					<files>
						<folder source="Female_Torso_Purple\meshes" destination="meshes"/>
					</files>
					<typeDescriptor>
						<type name="Optional"/>
					</typeDescriptor>
				</plugin>
			</plugins>
		</group>
	</optionalFileGroups>
</installStep>
This will set up a page that gives 2 options (Orange or Purple) for the Daedric Torso for both Male and Female in the NMM Mod Installer.

You will also need to set up the files that this xml code snippet is going to look for:

A Folder named Images that contains the screenshots that will show up when the User highlights each option: Male_Torso_Orange.jpg, Male_Torso_Purple.jpg, Female_Torso_Orange.jpg, and Female_Torso_Purple.jpg.

A Folder named Male_Torso_Orange containing a folder called meshes that has the correct Male Daedric Torso meshes for the Orange Glow in it - in the correct folder structure for them to be used in the game as these will be installed into the User's Data/meshes folder if the User chooses the Orange option.

The same applies to the Male_Torso_Purple, Female_Torso_Orange, and Female_Torso_Purple Folders

These folders will be in the final 7-Zip Mod download that you Upload to the Nexus at the same level as the FoMOD folder that contains the ModuleConfig.xml file.

I hope that makes things clear.