Vaultboy87

• 10 months later...

when i try to edit something in geck i get that error

Assert

File:

C:/_fallout3/platforms/common/code/bsshader/bsshadermanager.cpp

line 1996

SOMEONE must know a solve to this?

Any help on this? I'm getting the same problem. I can't open/create/edit weapons at all because of this... :(

• 5 months later...

I, too, am just starting to get this same exact error.

In a cell where I simply place structures, everything loads fine. However, when I try to load a cell that has NPCs in it, this error appears.

FURTHERMORE, it doesn't matter what option I choose as a response, the GECK crashes.

I've seen this error mentioned repeatedly on these forums with no results. I continue to research it myself, but hopefully someone has a fix. If I cannot populate my cells with NPCs, then there is no point in creating them.

-Shiholude

Researching further, I discovered that my own personal issue was a result of working on a laptop with dual video processors (Intel and NVidia).

If you have the same situation where you have dual processors, simply do the following:

1) open your NVidia control panel

2) under the left waterfall menu, expand "3D settings"

3) select "Manage 3D settings"

4) in the right pane, select the "Program Settings" tab

5) for #1, click on "Add"

6) goto where you installed the GECK (for me, I put it in my Fallout3 directory), and chose the "geck.exe".

7) for #2, select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

8) leave everything under #3 as is, and click on "Apply" in the bottom right corner.

The GECK should load and operate properly now.

-Shiholude

There is nothing that can be done about the GECK Assertions, nor is it really an error.

The problem is that you don't have the source code for the GECK, because Bethesda didn't release it. The program is looking for a callback a section of code, can't find it, and throws this error.

Ignore it or Retry, the result is the same: the program moves on.

The upshot is that the file it's trying to look for generally tells you what subsystem the error that actually did happen occured in.

Edited by Jeoshua

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...