[LE] Alternate Start - Live Another Life Mod: Ralof/Hadvar choice

Does anyone know if there's any way to continue the civil war quest without having to choose over Hadvar or Ralof? With the Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod, you find both of them dying in a cave, and you can only give one of them a health potion. The other gets crushed by a rock by doing this.

I feel pretty bad leaving the cave with only one of them, especially after the one I rescued asks what happened to Hadver/Ralof. You can't tell him that his childhood friend was just crushed to death, and it's scripted kinda blatant whereas it's obvious that by saving one, you're indirectly killing the other.

In vanilla, both would live and could be found later in the game regardless of who you chose to go with. Does going directly to the town to warn the citizens result in them living?

- On second though, they would both have to live, because if you leave them both in the cave, you haven't chosen a side in the war yet. If and when you team up with either the Stormcloaks or Imperials, don't you meet up with Hadvar/Ralof again? I think this might be the case, I'll try this later and post the results for anyone who felt the same about this moral dilemma.

Hadvar wont work with this mod, you get him outside the cave and he just stands there and comments you cant follow him it wont update. I want to be imperial generally but am force to follow the storm cloak guy because hes the only one that works. I don't know if it has to do with the mod, or is a base game bug. Installing unofficial patch makes no dif. Suppose I will just have to betray stormcloaks to join the empire.

actually you dont have to betray the Stormcloaks, you dont have to start the quest or even follow him to riverwood. just go straight to the Solitude and join the Empire. also if Hadvar isnt moving, just go to riverwood and talk to the Blacksmith Alvor. Hadvar should show up at some point.

also as far as i know it is not a known bug, so its probably a mod issue if he doesnt show up at the town.

• 1 year later...

You don't see the one ever again in the base game, this just provides a plausible reason why. It's not hindering anything.

Actually, they both survive in the base game, it's just that the other one is harder to find. http://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/43927 One only disappears once you get start the civil war quests officially. You also don't have to choose the side you left with if you don't want to. I've played through several times, and no one's ever made reference to hearing back from who you left with anyway (probably something bugged or that they left out), so there's no benefit to sticking with your original choice. I'm curious though if LAL does the same thing or really does remove the other right there. I figure if they can get away when left for dead with the world eater, a cave shouldn't be too big an issue, should it?

P.S. Sorry to necro this. I just realized it as I was about to post, and I didn't want to delete what I wrote heh. Besides, since I came across this, I'm sure others will too with the Skyrim craze re-ignited. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Somehow I can't pick anyone from the Ralof / Hadvar duo

Somehow I can't pick anyone from the Ralof / Hadvar duo

did you find a fix?

same thing is happening to me, I have no option to give either of them a health potion

I can only ask a question

Ralof's quis is if the ragon is with them and Hadvar's quis is something else

but no option whatsoever to give a health potion