hi im kinda newbie to modding and have a lot of questions, help me please

keroneiden

so im making a mod :3 but i have a lot of doubts. (i only use SCK)

How do i force an actor to sit in a throne?

I have made the actor and placed the pre-marked throne. What i've tried is using a GetSitState script in my actor, but didnt work. So i checked a jarl and realised they have a Sit quest; i duplicated it and changed both its name and ID and applied it to my actor, but still it wont sit :sad:

How can i make land in the air? Is it even possible?

Like a floating island, Dalaran style (for those who have played WoW) or at least to be floating over water, but not neccesarily attached to land level.

How do i trace a walking route for an actor? like a path, a patrol line back and forth or cyclic walking line

I want to add a magic effect to a custom item, but even tho it IS in the magic effects list, it is not in the avaliable enchantments for new objects. I have tried creating it through the in-game Console and it does work, but how can i make it through the SCK?

I want to make a door that requires 4 different items to be set into it in order for it to open, like 4 keys or 4 crystals. Is that possible? If so, how?

Any other doubt ill post it here.

Thanks in advice for your help, i really appreciate it :smile:

Edited by keroneiden

I think this can answer your sitting issue:

when he talks about the first NPC and the idle time and how ticking on 1 secon basically forces an NPC to do a single idle until end of time.

Placing things in the air I think is as simple as it comes. Of course once you have your area (Tamriel worldspace) selected you can go to your desired cellspace. E.g GuardianStones. Then just place a static object like a rock on the ground. Select it and press "E" and move it high in the air and save your mod.

Also the actor walking line is explained in the video above. It is also highly recommended to make certain parts of your path as "preferred pathing" by pressin "P" this makes a part of your Nav Mesh "more important" to NPC's. So for example they follow a road instead of skipping through plains and forests.