SolarFire's Idea Thread

SolarFire

I seem to have ideas for mods bouncing off the walls in my brain. i invent new ideas everyday. Instead of posting loads of threads of how coll it would be to have a scouter mod for oblivion, i decided to post my idea here im my thread! this saves lots of space. okay, here is an idea i REALLY think would be awesome:

Oblivion Armaggeddon

Description-

Everyone knows how Oblivion Ends. If not, dont read ahead, as there are spoilers. in the quest "Great Gate", the player must go into the most hostile Oblivion Gate to date. He/She removed the Great Sigil Stone and blew up the Daedric Siege Crawler, saving Bruma. then the quests Paradise and Light the DragonFires! occur and you become Champion of Cyrodiil, Martin sacrifices himself to defeat Mehrunes Dagon and end the Oblivion Crisis. Everyone was saved. Cyrodiil was saved. Tamriel was saved.

What if the player didnt survive the Great Gate? then this would have happened:

When the player died, the Siege Engine stepped onto Bruma and destroyed Bruma, and almost everyone there. Martin, Jauffre, Baurus, and many others perished in the explosion. many didn't survive. many survived, only to be either slaughtered by the Daedra, or died of injuries on the way to refuge.

For years after, the Daedra stormed the cities of Anvil, Bravil, Leyawiin, Chorrol, Skingrad, and Cheydinhal. Only the Imperial City remained standing.

the date is Rain's Hand the 19th, 4E210, almost 200 years after the battle of Bruma. Daedra left the Imperial City standing, only to take over it. The Daedra overtook the Imperial City and slaughtered everyone there. They opened a portal to Oblivion right inside of the Elder Council chambers. the city was intact, but not hospitable.

You start as a (you select either an adult or a teen) refugee living in the underground of Cyrodiil. many are off trying to defeat the daedra, but their naiveness costs them their lives, as Dagons army will never die; they will just be reborn.

Thanks to the advances in technology, you sort of start out in a 'fallout 3' fashion. laser guns, lightsabers, new fighting styles (including using 2 weapons at once), and electronic means of communication.

the citizens of tamriel arnt the only ones to gain access to this stuff. thanks to a reckless soldier who had an obsession with technology, the daedra were able to create weapons and items by using his arsenal of technology. thanks to them, the refugees were once again out matched.

Its up to you to defeat Mehrunes Dagon. You and your Partners (you can create them, or get them made for you) must stand against the prince of destruction and his immortal army.

defeat him. and close shut the jaws of oblivion.... forever.

What will be needed:

-LOTS of tech stuff from Fallout 3.

- destroyed cities

-underground cities filled with new npcs, as it IS 200 years into the future. most of the people are dead.

- stances for sword fights.

- voices for all the people; it's a total conversion. this is nessasary.

-a way to get perminent partner. you can have 1 or 2.

anything you may think that needs to be added, post them!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooo boy. This is... huge to say the least... using 2 weapons as actual weapons isn't possible with oblivion's engine. You'd need a massive team to do this and it would take ages...

I don't think so. Look at this: Unnecessary Violence?

The real problems are:

- You cannot import anything from Fallout 3 and any other game: It's illegal, even if they are all Bethesda Softwork creations.

- For the above reason you have to create new weapons, armors, items and other stuffs from scratch. (Require 20-25 expert modders. Estimated time: 6-8 months)

- You really need years to create a destroyed tamriel with destroyed towns. (Require 40-50 expert modders. Estimated time: 2-4 years. A new TES will come before this mod will be completed)

- You need to rewrite the entire Quest, Scripts, AI and Dialogue systems from scratch. (Require 10-15 expert modders + 40-50 guys for the new voices. Estimated time: 9-12 months)

- Finally you will need a team of tester to find the bugs.

In other words you want to create a new Oblivion game, where only the engine is the same (Without a BIG BIG team with VERY VERY good knowledges you cannot create a new one)

If you want to create this mod you will need the help of the entire community of TesNexus, Planet Elderscrolls and the other TES websites.

Wow... way to ruin a dream :P . Anyways, I don't think 200 years is sufficient for laser weapons is it? It would kind of ruin the flavor of Oblivion for me. Would be kind of cool to see crossbows and maybe explosives like the Redguards had.

Hooo boy. This is... huge to say the least... using 2 weapons as actual weapons isn't possible with oblivion's engine. You'd need a massive team to do this and it would take ages...

I don't think so. Look at this: Unnecessary Violence?

The real problems are:

- You cannot import anything from Fallout 3 and any other game: It's illegal, even if they are all Bethesda Softwork creations.

- For the above reason you have to create new weapons, armors, items and other stuffs from scratch. (Require 20-25 expert modders. Estimated time: 6-8 months)

- You really need years to create a destroyed tamriel with destroyed towns. (Require 40-50 expert modders. Estimated time: 2-4 years. A new TES will come before this mod will be completed)

- You need to rewrite the entire Quest, Scripts, AI and Dialogue systems from scratch. (Require 10-15 expert modders + 40-50 guys for the new voices. Estimated time: 9-12 months)

- Finally you will need a team of tester to find the bugs.

In other words you want to create a new Oblivion game, where only the engine is the same (Without a BIG BIG team with VERY VERY good knowledges you cannot create a new one)

If you want to create this mod you will need the help of the entire community of TesNexus, Planet Elderscrolls and the other TES websites.

okay, lets work our way through this...

-i dont mean 'import'. i mean 'make weapons and armor that are fallout 3-esque'

-thats why man made reskins! bow and arrows could be reasly remade into laser guns. take midas magic for example. his mechanical archer has a really cool bow and arrows that look VERY futuristic.

- i dont mean destroyed tamriel. i mean things like the towns end up like kvatch. i have seen many people have destroyed towns. the ones that are in beta right now are anvil and bravil. its not hard to make a city look like the daedra got a hold of it. we can rebuild kvatch but cant ruin the other towns? thats a little weird.

-now THATS a problem. i dont think that all those will be possibly made. im just thinking of the looks. we can do with the voices we have. we dont need quests. you're going around defeating daedra and taking back every city. theres no quests to go around because theres nothing to get than what the daedra might have or have destroyed. scripts and AI can be bypassed. the people dont have to do anything different. we can ADD npcs, or rename some of them.

-bug testers..... im sure some people would like to 'beta test' the mod. just put it up and let them have at it. what ever they find, we can fix. like constant updates.

a new way to play? maybe. but definatley NOT a new game. you could do THIS!

-retexture and add new weapons. (about 3 weeks)

-destroyed citys could mean that the cities just are on fire and have daedra running around through them. thats not an issue is it? to make something look like its on fire. you dont have to make all the interiors work. just make them inaccessable. (about 2 weeks)

-new AI? maybe. but maybe no quests. but we wont be needing new scripts. what would be needed to be scripted? the weapons at most. everything else is the same. just in different places. its just like that bon jovi song. "its all the same.... only the names will change". dialogue? none needed! there wont be much told to you. you have your partners (if you choose to have any) shopkeepers, and maybe a civilian. the people are just moved. just give them dialouge from the refugees of kvatch! they are in that crisis stage. perfect dialouge.(2 weeks)

-bug testers can be people who ever want to do it. beta testing is always avalible. (instant, if people want to do it.)

- and the two weapons mod is already availble. you attack with the right hand, and you block with your left. it looks good! (done)

- the dwemer have technology. we could have gotton it from them! i mean, there are LIGHTSABERS in oblivion now! i think a laser... or at least, as you say, a crossbow, would be available. (3 weeks for making a crossbow, 2 for just retexturing)

tell me whats wrong with these.

@forli

Few questions, are you an expert modder in all of these locations, voice acting, texturing, scripting. If so then I can almost believe you have some idea of what your talking about. Next, what HUGE mod have you made to get these 9-12 months of time estimates from. Not to bash or go off topic but I yet to see any solid proof behind your claims, you dont know how long. It could be far easier requiring much less time OR perhaps much harder. Please I may be missing something but feel free too enlighten me :)

You've right I haven't a personal experience of this.

But from when I start playing Oblivion (about 3 years ago), I've acquired some knowledges in the forum from the BIG modders, when they talk about they mods.

I'm not able to predict the exact time this mod need, but this mod is very big. I've simply compared it with other big mods wich needed even 2 years with a team.

The biggest mod are the ones that bring new regions (Elsweyr, Hammerfall, Morrowind etc...)

Before SolarFire explain accurately his idea in the post #5, I considered his idea like a total rebuild of Cyrodiil (A big project like the ones above).

Instead he only want to create a little new worldspace (an underground cave of cyrodiil for the survivors), create some new weapons, add some daedra, fires and rubble to the towns and the wildness, and create a little quest to defeat the daedra in all the towns

Right, but you were giving very specific time frames which imply you know something, which in fact, no offence you know nothing of. No sense in pretending to be knowledgeable, even though you have been playing and gathered information you are hardly one to comment on what it takes to make a mod. No mods are the same what takes me 2 hours too do, takes someone else 5 minutes. :) Not meaning to be hostile its just a little absurd that you quote and give information that you have not the right nor the experience to give.

No problem. What I said it's only indicative: maybe I exaggerated just a littlehttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif, but an hard work must be done for a project like this.