CGlennT

I hate bulls***, so here's the deal. I want to take Elder Scrolls/Skyrim and put it into a different game (not to the extent that the Skywind mod goes, merely focusing on the atmosphere and mechanics), one that has extremely fun melee mechanics, but lacks native magic mechanics. The game? Melee Battlegrounds (the kickstarter just started, but I've been lucky enough to have my hands on the game prior to the release of the SDK). It's a spiritual successor to the Mount & Blade: Warband mod cRPG.

002%20Melee%20Battlegrounds%20Rus%20vs%2

Unlike with the M&B engine, with M:BG you can change everything. You can add magic and custom skeletons + animations without breaking collision detection, as well as maintain the large worldmaps that ES games have. This means the above idea is realistic, albeit challenging — there's no question about that, it's going to be a lot of work.

So, if you're interested in merging this with skyrim gameplay or simply want more information, let me know. You can either post in this thread, or send me a forum pm (where you can also request my steam, if it's easier for you), and we can talk in further detail.

Here's a M:BG YT Video.

For anyone concerned, I'm a long time Nexus user (2008), but as I'm a Warband modder (note the low amount of warband mods featured here), I use external forums.

First of all, I'm really sorry, because that's exactly I'd love to have for Skyrim. But most of Skyrim combat is hard coded, and I don't think this is possible. For example, Skyrim doesn't even have real hitboxes, the mount combat is terrible, first and third person animations do not match etc...

That game is interesting as I love M&B too.

looked at the video. I still think Bannerlord is a step above because of the gorgeous graphics and art style, plus I think all features that were missing in Warband will be added.

Unsurprising. This is why I want to do it in M:BG, not skyrim/Warband (neither can properly support it) / simply hoping Bannerlord fixes all the issues that cause modding in warband to be so horrible, which isn't likely — TaleWorlds had to go out of their way to take away core Python functionality (all algorithms end up convoluted and messy, as you are restricted to one mathematical operation per line), not to mention hardcoding half their game. So we'll have to see, but I'm not holding my breath.