Dual Monitor Full Screen Issue

ArcKing01

I have a dual monitor set up (not both the same monitors, but I find it to be useful when playing other games like Smite where I can do borderless window mode).

My issue is that I have Skyrim running full screen on my larger monitor (1440x900). But in full screen, it like to move the cursor onto the other monitor and as soon as I click, it minimizes my game and I have to Alt+Tab (twice) into Skyrim to bring it back up. It's really starting to irritate me. I've had times when I still ran single monitor where if the cursor would go over and high enough, the desktop cursor would appear in the corner and would minimize the game with that cursor visible (wether or not the in-game cursor was up or I was playing)

I need help with this. I can't play my games like this (New Vegas tends to do the same thing) and I don't know what the hell I should be doing to fix this. I'm not all that experienced with tweaking an .ini file and I don't know what would be doing this to my game. I don't want the game minimizing and want it to stay full screen while leaving the other monitor alone like the rest of my full screen games do.

You say you run Skyrim full screen, but you also mentioned borderless window mode. I run Skyrim on a dual monitor setup with no problem. It sounds like you're running into the double cursor bug if you're able to move a cursor unto the other monitor. That is typically triggered if you Alt-Tab out of the game and back, but anything that steals the game focus could restore the default cursor while you're playing.

You say you run Skyrim full screen, but you also mentioned borderless window mode. I run Skyrim on a dual monitor setup with no problem. It sounds like you're running into the double cursor bug if you're able to move a cursor unto the other monitor. That is typically triggered if you Alt-Tab out of the game and back, but anything that steals the game focus could restore the default cursor while you're playing.

That's about it. It's supposed to be running as full screen but behaves like borderless window, though if I click into the other monitor, it minimizes my game.

I think it is that double cursor bug, but it does this without even Alt+Tabbing out in the first place. You said stealing the game focus could restore the default cursor? What does that mean? What should I be doing?

Some other program on your system may be focusing itself. Some chat, email or other communication program might be giving some sort of notification that does it.

In any case there are some full-screen window mods for Skyrim that supposedly work around the bug, so it is probably easiest to install one of those.