OOO - Path Of Iron

Hickory

I have got the book 'A Path Of Iron' from Melus Petelius' basement. The quest started, and I went to Lost Boy Caverns. Fought my way through to where the boots are, but cannot pick them up. I've spent all afternoon, more or less, trying to figure out what I am supposed to do next, but the answer eludes me. Grrr! I know that this quest breaks the Molag Bal quest by design, and I'm not bothered about that, so I don't want to kill Melus to see if the answer lies there.

Would somebody be kind enough to shed some light on what steps need to be taken to (I assume) appease the gods, and free these armour pieces?

I think I have finally discovered the answer. Melus' sword is embeded (a la Excalibur) in his wife's grave. When you try to retrieve the sword, you hear a voice from the gods that asks: "For what end do you seek to wield Path of Iron?." . You get a list of possible answers, all of which are ignored except "To mould my soul against the anvil of love." You have to have read the book before all of the questions are available.

Now to go back and test if I can actually proceed to remove the armour pieces.

• 5 months later...

Open the CS, load OOO.esp.

Player>Quests>DAMolagBal* (the asterisk means that OOO is using the Molag Bal quest)

Quest Stage> any reference to OOOHeavensFuryClaymoreQuest as a condition and its setting to 30.00, should be deleted from DAMolagBal* 's quest.

You will still get the quest update saying that you are inline to finish the Molag Bal quest and that you are no longer inline to finish "A Path of Iron", but that doesn't apply now; ignore it, get your mace and proceed. If you have picked up the quest for "A Path of Iron" while doing Molag Bal's quest, it will still be in your journal.

Edit the script "7HeavenFuryClaymoreScript" - copy this and replace all the script with it

scn 7HeavenFuryClaymoreScript

; Created: Jorge "Oscuro" Salgado

ref OOOHFC

ref OOOHFClPL

Short Button

Short Question

Short Choice

Short HelpedMolag

Short QuestStarted

Begin OnActivate

If isActionRef Player != 1

Return

Else

Set OOOHFC to OOOMelusPetiliusClaymoreREF

If GetStage DAMolagBal >= 60 && HelpedMolag != 1

MessageBox " 'You Have Soiled The Honor Of One Dearest To Us. You Are Not Worthy Of Being Our Champion.' "

MessageBox "Upon touching the sword I hear a storm of angry voices in my mind."

Set HelpedMolag to 1

Return

Elseif GetStage DAMolagBal >= 60 && HelpedMolag == 1

Set OOOHFClPL to OOOMelusPetiliusClaymoreLightREF

MessageBox "My breath halts as I firmly hold the claymore's handle. The magic surrounding it slowly fades away and I feel the warmth of its power course through my veins. The blessed weapon of Melus Petilius is finally mine. I have proven my worth to the Nine."

Player.AddItem WeapHeavenFuryClaymore01 1

SetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest 100

OOOHFC.Disable

OOOHFClPL.Disable

Endif

If QuestStarted == 1 && GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest < 10

SetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest 10

Endif

If GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest < 1

Set Question to 0

Set Choice to 1

MessageBox "For what end do you seek to wield Path of Iron?." "Say nothing..." "To become powerful and worthy of ruling." "To slay my foes and protect my loved ones."

Set QuestStarted to 1

Return

Elseif GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest >= 10 && GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest < 20

MessageBox "There must be a way to unravel the seals that protect Melus' sword. Until I discover more, it appears pointless to continue trying to lift the weapon."

Return

Elseif GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest >= 20 && GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest < 30

MessageBox "For what end do you seek to wield Path of Iron?." "Say nothing..." "To become powerful and worthy of ruling." "To slay my foes and protect my loved ones." "To avenge Vena and Melus." "To serve the Nine and vanquish evil." "To mould my soul against the anvil of love."

Set Question to 1

Set Choice to 1

Return

Elseif GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest == 30

MessageBox "I have already been granted the right to retrieve Melus Petilius' armor. The Nine will not release the sword until I have proven my worth."

Return

Elseif GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest >= 31 && GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest <= 35

MessageBox "The sword remains unmovable. I still need to recover the remaining pieces of Melus Petilius' Heaven's Fury armor."

Return

Elseif GetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest == 40

Set OOOHFClPL to OOOMelusPetiliusClaymoreLightREF

MessageBox "My breath halts as I firmly hold the claymore's handle. The magic surrounding it slowly fades away and I feel the warmth of its power course through my veins. The blessed weapon of Melus Petilius is finally mine. I have proven my worth to the Nine."

Player.AddItem WeapHeavenFuryClaymore01 1

SetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest 100

OOOHFC.Disable

OOOHFClPL.Disable

Endif

Endif

End

Begin GameMode

If ( Choice == 1 )

Set button to GetButtonPressed

If ( Question == 0 )

If ( button >= 0 )

Set Choice to 0

Endif

If ( button >= 0 ) && ( button <= 3 )

SetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest 1

MessageBox "There is no reply to my answer. It seems that I do not yet understand what it asks of me. Despite my best efforts to unlodge the mighty sword from its resting place, I cannot break the enchantment that binds it to Vena's Grave."

Endif

Elseif ( Question == 1 )

If ( button >= 0 )

Set Choice to 0

Endif

If ( button >= 0 ) && ( button <= 4 )

MessageBox "There is no reply to my answer. The Nine do not even consider it worth their attention. My intentions still are impure to them. There must be a way to unravel the seals that protect Melus' sword. Perhaps what I read in Melus' diary may guide me."

Elseif ( button == 5 )

Set Question to 2

SetStage OOOHeavenFuryClaymoreQuest 30

MessageBox "A collective of voices speak inside my mind at unison: 'You Are Worthy Of Our Task.'"

Endif

Endif

Endif

End

This worked for me; considering that I already had Molag Bal's quest started, left the shrine and went to Melus' house, went in the basement and started "A Path of Iron". Then I quit Oblivion, edited the DAMolagBal* quest, played it out and played out "A Path of Iron" until I got denied by the Claymore. At which point I realized that I had to find the script and edit it.

If you do this in some other order than the way I did it , I cannot guarantee that this will work. It should work in theory if you make these changes before starting either quest.

Bangin'!!!!!!

Good luck.

Edited by onryou74

• 2 months later...
Dont know if anyone can help me or not, but the quest called Path Of Iron does not seem to have installed. The rest of the content has however. There is no sword in the grave and the man has no trapdoor in his house. I opened the file up in the TES construction set and could find no references to any of these things existing. I am using the most current release of OOO.

• 3 months later...