Bug with navmesh / random NPCs

Sealurk

I'm working on a Megaton house mod, part of which involves being able to access the roof of the building and the amenities there. Since I would like companions to be able to go there as well I've navmeshed it... only to find random Megaton NPCs spawning there.

The roof navmesh is entirely disconnected from the main Megaton mesh but obviously exists in the same space - however, so do the navmeshes for Lucas Simm's roof and Stockholm's guard post, and neither of them get unwelcome visitors.

I've run pathing tests and let the GECK optimise the navmesh (which has the side effect of working on all of Megaton). Is there something really obvious I've missed, or simply some way I can get the same privacy as Simms and Stockholm while allowing companions to follow me onto the roof, or am I better off just deleting the navmesh?

Hm, well, is there any furniture there, or idle markers or whatever? Maybe NPCs are going up there to use them. You could try to remove everything in the new spot you're working on (just leave the navmesh) to see what happens. You could set the ownership of all new furniture to the player and see if that helps.

There are pieces of furniture and idle markers, however the NPCs aren't using either if that's significant - they generally just stand around doing very little (which possibly says volumes about the quality of my navmeshing in the first place). I will definitely try modifying those aspects and seeing if it has an effect.

• 1 month later...

Just an obvious but necessary question. have you finalized the cell's navmesh and also finalized the worldspace of megaton where the roof is after altering it's original?

last have you checked for errors in the exterior worldspace after running finalize worldspace in navmesh mode? Sounds like the issue to me.

Edited by RayV12