Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE this mod, but i dont exactly like the mountains rising out of mournhold. does this come from this mod, or vibrant morrowind?

It's this mod. If you can call it a mod... It's more of an utility, isn't it? Anyway...

You can fix it by using this mod.

Hello.

First of all: THANKS!

Next: I think everyone'd agree when I say it looks a little bit strange when using distant statics with a minimum object size of above 750. But as I went below it I sheerly had some troubles with my FPS-rate in cities such as Balmora, Suran or even Seyda Neen (it fell below 15 fps).

My hardware:

- Geforce 7600 GT

- Crative Sound Blaster X-FI

- AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.21 Ghz

- 1024 MB RAM

My MGE 3.15 settings:

- Distant Land: 2/8; 3/9; 2/11;

| - World texture resolution: 4096

| - Average vertex heights activated.

| - else: defaults

- Distant Statics: 725

- Anisotropic filtering level: 16x

- Mipmap LOD Bias: -1

- Thread loading activated.

- else: defaults.

I tested distant statics myself using the default object size of 1000 and my fps-rate increased to 25-30 fps (leaving all other settings at the same). So am I right in saying that this fps crash is caused by the amount of objects Morrowind has to picture when using distant statics at 725?

Then, is it possible to improve the quality-fps-ratio by leveling distant statics settings? For instance having the option to choose three minimum object sizes:

Cell 1-2: 600

Cell 3-5: 750

Cell 5<: 1000

So the little objects you cannot see 8 cells away don't have to be pictured while the landscape in the cell you're in is more detailed. That'd be really nice.

thankfully,

Madore

• 2 weeks later...
After all the hype I was tremendously disappointed to run this and have every function throw up an error of one kind of another. Memory write errors mostly and some errors where it gave no useful feedback at all. And before someone blames my computer, I can assure it is not. It runs for days on end without need for reboot. Only this app complains about memory problems.

Not quite sure what went wrong but i upgraded from 3.03 to 3.15b and now none of my shaders work in the shader editor.

I cant choose dx8/9 dll's, is this intentional or a bug?

Wish i could reap the benefits of the optimizations, but until it gets cleaned up a bit i have to stick with 3.03 :(

I think it would be best for anyone who has problems with MGE to ask it at the official forum thread. However, the last one was closed because of the 200 post limit they have, and a new one hasn't been created yet. Search the morrowind mods forum (on the official forums I linked to, not here) to see if there's a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. After I installed this... Tool? Utility?, people started walking and running much faster, and the sentences and names of skills got mixed up, and had a lot of s's added. And I can no longer just press "space" to say yes or accept choices in game. This annoys me ever so much, partly it did not even work, which makes me feel that I have messed up quite a portion of the things in the game, by installing something that did not even work. Could you please tell me how to get rid of these annoying errors? Thank you in advance.

Yours Sincerely

-Mr. Harlequin Crow.

Ah, now we're talking! Don't know if it's my new card or this new version, but I had much better results next time around. A few bugs like the hills in the sky in Mournhold, and some issues with the distant land generation. After running the land generation for the second time with lower texture resolutions, the game crashed the second upon game loading. I uninstalled, reinstalled, then tried to generate again, this time with more mods selected, and the distant land generation caused my computer to spontaneously reboot. Once I trimmed back the files used to just the Morrowind and Bloodmoon ESMs, it worked again and the game worked fine. The other mods I tried to build distant land for included...

- White Wolf of Lokken Mountain

- Ald Vendras (the Lokken ESP)

- Tamriel Rebuilt Map 1

- Silgrad Tower

- Havish

If I get time I will try again and see if I can isolate the specific file causing problems.

Still all and all, this is excellent work and I look forward to future revisions. 9/10