Heavy Traffic ×

Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

Thanks for the update Timeslip!

Finally, they made a new official thread. I suggest posting your problems/comments/questions there, because it'll be noticed much faster.

Ah, now we're talking! Don't know if it's my new card or this new version, but I had much better results next time around. A few bugs like the hills in the sky in Mournhold, and some issues with the distant land generation.

Try the Distant Land Interior Fix. I also recommend the Distant Land Weather Fix.

And I think we should give this guy some kudos!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this fix a bug I had with the lighting going weird?

Probably. If the new version didn't solve it, try clicking on Morrowind Defaults in the main tab. It might be a problem related to the settings you use.

(Let me add that I'm not involved in the testing or production of MGE at all, I'm just answering questions here since Timeslip is busy answering questions on the official forums already, and updating the mod.)

Will this fix a bug I had with the lighting going weird?

Probably. If the new version didn't solve it, try clicking on Morrowind Defaults in the main tab. It might be a problem related to the settings you use.

That didn't work last time, in fact it was still like that when disabled. It was fixed when I unistalled it though. Hang on I'm going to try it again.

How... do i run the game with the mod enabled? When i start the game as normal, the mod doesn't start with it, and i have no idea what else i could do.

Well that's because it's not really a 'mod' like all the others. It's more of an utility.

You run MGE from the MGEgui file in your morrowind folder, and there you can change all the settings. Then you close it, and play Morrowind. No plugin files have to be activated, and MGE doesn't have to be active while playing Morrowind. Having MGE opened while playing Morrowind can even cause problems, if it doesn't give an error message right away.

But as i said, it doesn't start with Morrowind. It doesn't change anything in the game. I've already configured MGE.

Are you sure nothing changed? If nothing changed, you didn't configure it correctly I think. Or they weren't very obvious things.

If you mean the distant land... Besides ticking the distant land button, you also have to generate it with the Distand Land file creation wizard, at the tools tab.