Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is one of the most awesome things ever made for Morrowind, in my opinion. :3 I seem to be having a bit of a problem, though when it comes to shaders. The shader editor window is supposed to have some DX9 checkbox, but I don't see one anywhere. Also, I can't get any shaders to actually display when I load Morrowind. Any help?

The DX9 checkbox was removed in MGE 3.1. There's no longer a DX8 mode, so it's effectively always checked.

If the shaders aren't showing up, make sure the 'hardware shader' checkbox is checked, as well as 'update shader variables' and 'supply HDR info to shaders' if applicable.

Guest demolitionman9
ummmm.....i uninstalled the mod, and everything else i could find related to it, but it now wont let me boot up morrowind, it says system could not find right path or whatever "try running mgegui.exe to recover save files" wgat dose this mean, and how can i fix it.

Hi, This is an excellent mod, 10/10.

However... I seem to have the same problem that Doctor Cox mentioned (on the 11th March), more specifically in my case, The game crashes on startup when I have Tamriel Rebuilt Map 1 plugged in. I can run It no problems with just Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon (And possibly Firemoth plugin, but I don't remember if I tried it) but with Tamriel Rebuilt its no go. Any ideas?

Hi, This is an excellent mod, 10/10.

However... I seem to have the same problem that Doctor Cox mentioned (on the 11th March), more specifically in my case, The game crashes on startup when I have Tamriel Rebuilt Map 1 plugged in. I can run It no problems with just Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon (And possibly Firemoth plugin, but I don't remember if I tried it) but with Tamriel Rebuilt its no go. Any ideas?

Are you running distant land? And if so, did you generate the distant land with the Tamriel Rebuilt plugin active? If not, try generating the distant land again but with TR active this time.

I just picked up a new laptop running Vista Home Premium and am returning to Morrowind for the first time in a while (after playing Oblivion in between, no less). I decided to install some of the latest mods for Morrowind and this one seems to be the one to beat, but I can't get 3.3.2 to work under Vista. I've tried running both MGE and Morrowind as Administrator, but I'm getting complaints while trying to create the distant lands data:

"A fatal error occurred loading land data from your plugins. Distant land setup cannot continue.

Failed to load default ground texture (Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.)"

I did download d3dx9_30.dll and drop it into the Morrowind install directory, so I'm assuming it's some other DX9 DLL that I'm missing since I'm on Vista. Any thoughts? I'd love to get this going!!!

Thanks,

Scott