Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57811181.

pyschopanda wrote: MGEGui.exe wont work . it cant find morrowind registry keys . I use the Steam version

I had this issue too, for me MGE was trying to find Morrowind in a Bethesda file. So I had to change the location it was looking to the steam/steamapps/common folder.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have morrowind downloaded through steam and it keeps giving me the "MGE must be installed in the morrowind installation directory", no matter what directory I select, Data files, main folder, etc, it gives me this message, someone please help?

Yes, MGE must be installed in the game folder e.g Morrowind. Here is a quick guide of how to install / reinstall / uninstall MGE. :smile:

Hello community,

today, I tried to install this mod with my GOG version of Morrowind. On the homepage of GOG, it says that the version of this game is 1.6, but it actually installs 2.0.0.7 for me. When I tried to use this graphics extender, I got an error that the version could not be checked which is not surprising as it is "too new" to be used. Is there any way to downgrade the version of the game or get the mod working again?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
In response to post #58484941.

Sarthrax wrote: Hello community,

today, I tried to install this mod with my GOG version of Morrowind. On the homepage of GOG, it says that the version of this game is 1.6, but it actually installs 2.0.0.7 for me. When I tried to use this graphics extender, I got an error that the version could not be checked which is not surprising as it is "too new" to be used. Is there any way to downgrade the version of the game or get the mod working again?

Thank you!

This is a very outdated version. Go get MGE XE

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #57811181. #57840171 is also a reply to the same post.

pyschopanda wrote: MGEGui.exe wont work . it cant find morrowind registry keys . I use the Steam version
DaftOgre wrote: I had this issue too, for me MGE was trying to find Morrowind in a Bethesda file. So I had to change the location it was looking to the steam/steamapps/common folder.

Hope this helps.

how do you do that?

Found a problem when I tried to start a new game after adding this. It comes up with a warning. (Warning: Model "Meshes\2p\skirt_com_05F.nif" tex not found "textures\bc\bc_skirt_com_05,dds") Anyone else get this?

Sounds like you're using the Better Clothes mod. Reinstall the mod by either extract the actual file into the correct folder or use the Anneal feature in BAIN in WMSA.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a problem when changing the cell view distance. MGE says that vanilla cell view distance is 1 cell and the MGE uses 5 cells on default. I changed my cell view distance to 2 and ran the wizard but in game I could not see anything except the fog as though there was zero view distance.

Being able to have unlimited view distance in the game is immersion breaking for me. But I also want to be able to see a little farther than vanilla. What do?

EDIT: This only seems to be happening with the steam version of morrowind. I changed the cell view distance on a disk copy of the game and it worked just fine. My steam game however, is permanently f***ed on view distance. Even if I run the wizard again to change the cell view distance back to default the in game view is still stuck a zero.

I worked around it by copy and pasting the mge folder from the good one to overwrite the bad one.

Edited by teralitha