Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

Hey guys, I have been trying to get MGSO + Rebuilt + Rebirth working together for over a week. I am so exhausted and just looking for anyone to help me

During my troubleshooting I noticed that the only way I can get them to all work together is by going to MGEXEgui --> "In-Game" --> I then disable "MGE" and "internal MWSE"

If I don't disable these two things, my game will simply crash almost as soon as I launch it (shows a load screen and "Morrowind.esm" at the bottom and crashes within a second).

I even tried just installing MGSO and nothing else. The game still crashes if MGE and internal MWSE are not disabled

The game looks better than vanilla with the MGE and internal MWSE disabled, but alot of graphical changes are missing.

Any thoughts on how I can get these mods working without disabling these key components

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion for everyone who likes better immersion in morrowind while using this mod, Set the "Cell View Distance" to 3. Morrowind is a flat map and being able to see from one end of the world to the other can be immersion breaking for some people, since this feature is totally unrealistic, but makes for some kool screenshots. The default is set at 5, but if you want to have a realistic view distance I recommend setting it to 3. The setting is located right next to the wizard button. Once you change the number you have to run the wizard again I think. Edited by teralitha

In response to post #62158717.

mcjoh wrote:

Hey guys, I have been trying to get MGSO + Rebuilt + Rebirth working together for over a week. I am so exhausted and just looking for anyone to help me

During my troubleshooting I noticed that the only way I can get them to all work together is by going to MGEXEgui --> "In-Game" --> I then disable "MGE" and "internal MWSE"

If I don't disable these two things, my game will simply crash almost as soon as I launch it (shows a load screen and "Morrowind.esm" at the bottom and crashes within a second).

I even tried just installing MGSO and nothing else. The game still crashes if MGE and internal MWSE are not disabled

The game looks better than vanilla with the MGE and internal MWSE disabled, but alot of graphical changes are missing.

Any thoughts on how I can get these mods working without disabling these key components

Dont use MGSO. thats your problem. All the graphic replacers can be found here on the nexus. You dont need MGSO, you just need MCP and MGE then add rebirth and tr. There are some esps that come with MGSO that can crash the game when trying to use other mods with them. Rebirth comes with lots of updated graphic replacers already. Edited by teralitha

Thank you teralitha. Now I am having an issue with getting the MGEXE to run. I did a fresh install of Morrowind. I downloaded the latest version of MGEXE, extracted it to my Morrowind folder. I went into the MGEXE gui:

When I click distant land generator I get this warning, " Distant land files already exist, but are either incomplete, corrupt, or from an older version of MGE and must be deleted to continue. Would you like to continue?"

I then press continue and click "Automatic setup everything" which runs for about one

second and then I get the error messesage that starts with saying:

"A fatal error occured creating the landscape textures. Distand land setup cannot

continue.

SlimDxCompilationException ---> SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception:

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND: n/a (-2147024770)

at SlimDx.Result.Throw[t](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object datakey, Object

dataValue

at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int 32 hr, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Did you selected what mods you want to include in the distant land wizard, based on what loadorder you have?

Thank you leonardo2

I figured out this issue out by realizing DirectX9c was never downloaded.

I am having another issue now. Morrowind rebirth does not appear as a box that you can check when you click Data Files after you launch morrowind.

I installed rebirth in the past an it worked fine. Now, I noticed that when I extract rebirth to my steamapps --> common --> morrowind folder now windows 10 does not prompt me as to whether or not I want to replace (overwrite similar) files. From the guides online i've seen, they say you dont want to overwrite anything. Does this mean its overwriting files it shouldn't be? Is this why morrowind rebirth does not appear as a checkbox on the morrowind launcher data files (it always does not appear as a checkbox in the MGEXE).

Any thoughts? Thanks!

How did you installed Morrowind Rebirth, was it via BAIN in Wrye Mash or did you simple extracted the archive?

If it's the latter, extracted the archive, then install (reinstall?) Morrowind Rebirth in Wrye Mash and overwrite when prompted all files, should get a message saying just that.

EDIT: I see no reason to post here for the same issue as here - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6850547-problems-w-mge-and-internal-mwse-when-running-mgso-rebirth-rebuilt-mods/&do=findComment&comment=62245812

Edited by leonardo2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...