I'm working on a little improvement for HUD Status Bars by TheNiceOne:
- Manipulate bars at runtime: dynamically create, manipulate and destroy a bar from a script.
- Support multiple ini: actually, if a mod needs to show some bars, you need to open "HUD Status Bars.ini", copy some lines from the mod's readme and maintain a loooong list of bars. With this improvement, the author just need to provide an ini with all bars for the mod. You just need to put this ini in a specific folder: DONE! When uninstalling, delete the ini: DONE! "HUD Status Bars.ini" will stay untouched.
- Add support to quests bars: they show your current active quest objective ("Go to Kvatch and find Martin", "Collect 10 Nirnroots: 3/10", "Close the Great Oblivion gate and save <spoiler>. Time left: 00:10:39", etc). Just define a file ini for a quest, containing the bars it needs. DONE! No additional esp required, no scripts, no further operations. HSBE will take care of EVERYTHING and doesn't need any master, apart from the original "HUD Status Bars.esp" (which has no master).
- Create all ini files for all Vanilla, SI and KOTN quests, so they will have Quest HUD elements for all quests. I may require some help to complete this point in a reasonable time...
- Create ini files for quest from other mods. Well, I'll leave this to other modders and to anyone with some time to spare to create some bars for some quests
- Also added a new hud_quest variable and new values
- Eventually add more features/fields to HUD Status Bars...
Read the guide in the Docs folder on how to use the new feature.
As you can see in the shared folder, the new hud_quest variable speed up things at the point you usually only need 3 rows to define a quest bar, including the final SetStage!!!
The next step is optimizing the HUD Status Bars code, thanks to the OBSE 's 21 new greater powers!
If you want some screenshots for what the new quest bars look like, take a look:
The "Quest HUD ini season" is open!
Do you have some basic CS knowledge? And do you know how to create an bar for HUD Status Bars? Do you have some time to spare?
If yes, you have everything you need to support this project!
Even creating a single quest ini will grant you a seat in the Hall of Heroes (the credits section).
At this link you will find a shared folder where you can find the HSBE esp (beta version: expect some console spam...), a "QuestTest.esp" for testing, and all ini for the first 5 main quests.
- NOTE 1: You can use the "QuestTest.esp" for testing and learning. The folder already include a "QuestTest.esp.ini" and the quest folders "QuestA", "QuestB" and "QuestC". All these quests have repeatable stages 10, 20, 30 and 40 (10 uncomplete, 30 complete, 40 stop the quest).
- NOTE 2: The HSBE esp require "HUD Status Bars.esp"
Use this shared folder to upload your files, check the files from other users, and contribute to this project. Just post on this thread what are you doing.
What do you think about this idea/project? Any suggestion? Critique?
Of course, many people don't like the quest marker on the compass, because it ruin the game immersion, but this mod won't ruin any quest. It will simply print a short message, with the current quest state, example: "Collect 12 rumare scales. You have 5/12".
Edited by forli, 27 November 2014 - 05:26 PM.