quintin1

So I had an idea for a mod that came after watching the movie "Ironclad" and essentially I think it'd be a good idea for a mod.

It would include a spectrum of aspects to it however so allow me to explain.

• Settlements that can be lived in. So instead of using vanilla forts, these would be built from scratch and either inhabited or uninhabited. Perhaps a quest line could be put in place so that your first one would belong to you and you'd have to either defend or siege others.
  • These settlements would grant you influence over the land around you, meaning Jarls will show you respect. As well as pay a tribute to you.
  • Perhaps add a new faction/Story depending on how detailed whoever decides to make this wants to get. > So perhaps after the Empire wins the civil war they can retake settlements ultimately leading to you fighting back and taking these forts. Or after the Stormcloaks seize control Skyrim falls into a state of chaos and you bring order to it by controlling the land through forts and influence.
  • Groups that you either hire, or they are loyal to you can defend your settlements. Thus making a courier system that would give you reports as to what is happening.
  • Large scale battles, these settlements hopefully can be placed in areas that are very wide open thus allowing you to fight a large scale battle. Perhaps adding a wave system so sieges feel immersive as time goes by.

Those are just some main points to what would make this mod pretty cool. As I am not a programmer I'm not entirely sure as to what is even possible or not. Hoping for some feedback. I will also be adding to this, as well as taking stuff out.

Added:

• A means to name your faction much like how you named yourself. (Templars, The Crew, Skyrim's Finest, etc) as you take settlements and make a name for yourself in the nobility of Skyrim
  • Ability to set up fortifications around your settlements (Barricades or Pits) as well as build siege engines. (Perhaps one of those rolling towers or simply the ability to place a ladder on a wall.)
  • Was thinking about a way to set up those siege engines. Perhaps collecting lumber from trees could be implemented to build these engines.
  • Also how about recruiting different holds to join your cause
Edited by quintin1