omod conversion data folder?

roiyaru

I have no trouble manually installing mods

Then dont change a thing.

An omod-ready file is the same as manual, with the extra "omod conversion data" folder.

This file contains screenshots, install scripts, readme and info used only by OBMM.

You can ignore or delete this file if you dont intend to turn the entire zip file into an omod.

WALKTHROUGH:

1. DO NOT extract the zip file.

2. open OBMM

3. click "Create"

4. click "Add Archive"

4a. browse to your zipped mod file.

5. click "Create omod"

6. activate mod in OBMM

7. Play!

I have no trouble manually installing mods

Then dont change a thing.

An omod-ready file is the same as manual, with the extra "omod conversion data" folder.

This file contains screenshots, install scripts, readme and info used only by OBMM.

You can ignore or delete this file if you dont intend to turn the entire zip file into an omod.

WALKTHROUGH:

1. DO NOT extract the zip file.

2. open OBMM

3. click "Create"

4. click "Add Archive"

5. click "Create omod"

6. play!

haha, thanks. I didnt realize it was so simple, i could always manually install but sometimes this just seemed much easier to do and I appreciate the walkthrough.

• 8 years later...

guy was asking something quiet difrent

i have never use obmm because i never had trouble to install mods

same as me

if the mod does't have normal files.. how to convert omod to normal

because if you change omod to zip you cant open files inside because they dont have

extesion its like hidden folders.. cant rename to esp or data or textures bacause its hidden.

Actually it is you who's asking something quite different now... and necroing this 8 years old solved and closed topic by the way.

If your mod already comes as ".omod" (not the same as a ZIP file containing an "omod conversion data" folder as the OP was asking about!), then it can only ever be opened with the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM).

You can "then" either install it through OBMM directly, or, if you want to for example convert it into a different format for use with another manager, you can also use OBMM to convert the OMOD into a ZIP. This resulting ZIP then, too, will contain an "omod conversion data" folder, so it can be turned back into an OMOD as well without losing all the meta data, media, install scripts and such.