Halo Reach

LHammonds

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.

So is this another DLC priced as a full game like ODST?

Or a full prequal? Secondly, what have hey done to forge and does it work? Im really unsure about this game, I've seen some fantastic FPS this year so far, and Im not sure I want to get it yet-however, I know almost nothing about it.

I think you should just do your research instead of asking us.

Only joking. I'll help you out.

This is not DLC. Bungie has rebuilt the engine from the ground up, and is graphically very impressive. The game is still undoubtedly Halo at its core, but it should feel a bit new and refreshing thanks to the armor abilities, which take the place of Halo 3's equipment. They allow you to do things such as fly, sprint, dive out of the way, become invisible and make a hologram of yourself.

Forge is Forge World now. Amazing. To be honest, there is just a lot more play space now; the advanced forging capabilities have been there since Halo 3, but only through the means of tedious glitches. No longer.

Matchmaking has also been reworked and an "arena" system has replaced the flawed "Trueskill" rank system. "Social games" are everything else. Based on everything you do in a ranked game now, from kills to assists a formula is used to give you multiple ranks monthly and seasonally, at least. For the hardcore players, it should be a more accurate way of finding matches while giving more incentive.

There's a lot. I can't tell you everything. Look on bungie.net.

Bungie failed IMO. Halo 3 multiplayer was wayyyyyy better and Halo 2's campaign was wayyyyy better.

Fanboys think this is the greatest Halo just because it has better "graphics". Ridiculous.

The only plus was the coop Firefight.

The negative is the ban system if you quit. I don't quit, but betray people by accident sometimes. I've got banned for 15min 3 times for, seriously, completely accidental betrayals. It's easy to betray in games like Swat or Snipers, I hope they fix this idiotic new "feature".

Bungie failed IMO. Halo 3 multiplayer was wayyyyyy better and Halo 2's campaign was wayyyyy better.

Fanboys think this is the greatest Halo just because it has better "graphics". Ridiculous.

The only plus was the coop Firefight.

The negative is the ban system if you quit. I don't quit, but betray people by accident sometimes. I've got banned for 15min 3 times for, seriously, completely accidental betrayals. It's easy to betray in games like Swat or Snipers, I hope they fix this idiotic new "feature".

Really? What other reasons would you say makes Reach a worse game? I think it looks really good so far all around and can't wait to bust it out, but just curious.

And I'm guessing by the Firefight thing you mean matchmaking service for Firefight.

You also make the betrayal system sound bad; I never had a problem with it in Halo 3. Guess I need more information.