Halo Reach

LHammonds

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt you'll be getting this game under 50 USD, but I've read on some other forums the standard game got as low as 40 in stores such as Toys R Us I think. Don't take my word for it.

Those who can be patient and don't to spend a lot should wait. Look at Halo 3 ODST now; I just saw that for 25 dollars at a Target. The price could just go down like that. But it could also pull a Modern Warfare 2, which at some Best Buys still costs the full 60.

It's worth 60 and even a 100 dollars to me. I'll probably be playing this and a few other games for the whole rest of the year.

Forge is probably the most promising of Halo Reach. That and multiplayer. Campaign was just bland...It was very repetitive, but hey it is a Halo game. Not that that's bad, its just being a invulnerable spartan makes it kinda hard to add feeling to the characters. ( may I add the entire human race is on the verge of extinction just after a end of a civil war? )

Speaking of forge, send me a friend request on xbox if you want to play: SGT Spartans

Impressive.

I especialy love the betrayel booting induced bans and the new forge features.

It's gonna be a while till Im playing this online, but I think I like this game. And the changes to the equipment system are excellent.

As far as Im concerned this is more Halo 3 than Halo 3 was. Because it atleast isnt just Halo 2 with shinier graphics and a new feature.

I'll probably be playing this and a few other games for the whole rest of the year.

Haha, a whole three months, huh? =P Do you not usually stick with a game very long?

That doesn't mean I don't spend a lot of time with a video game; I do. I'm not the kind of person who will immediately become obsessed and engrossed in one game; I frequently jump back in forth for "training" reasons. I play fighting games seriously in a tournament-style of play and look deeply into the metagame. I like to keep my skills up against the competition out there. Same thing will go with shooters, like Halo Reach right here.

In short, I guess you could say that yes, I don't stick with a game long since I don't let the disk rot inside my 360 for weeks. I swap out every few days, based on how I feel. But if you mean "putting the game on the shelf and letting it collect some dust for collector's purposes," no, I do stick with games for a long time.

@Vindekarr: It's a freaking miracle: something you DON'T hate! Haha. It will be worth it, every penny.

I just played a few missions of campaign and checked out Forge. For campaign: wow. The most entertaining Halo campaign yet. No English-speaking aliens, sorry! Sniper is dead sexy. Cutscenes are a lot more interactive instead of just hearing briefings most of the time and the character you make carries over into the single player. Very sweet immersive 1st person cutscenes as well. The game has this level of polish you don't quite see anywhere else. The graphics, the sound and the gameplay are superb; the game to me has come ways since the Beta.

I was actually underwhelmed by the scale of Forge World (thought it would be much bigger,) but wowed by the sheer number of options available to create inside it. I was a forging maniac in Halo 3 with ghost merging, interlockz, you name it. Now Bungie has included features that not only allow one to merge objects with the environment without glitches but has also included features such as being able to "nudge" a piece of your forge playset. That is something forge needed for the longest time. Halo truly seems like doesn't need a modding community anymore; the gameplay is polished to perfection and there will be an infinite number of maps and all new kinds of games within Bungie's engine that will flow through the community.

The custom console looks (IS!) awesome, It's all touch sensitive, It makes awesome Halo Reach sounds when you open the disk tray or turn it on, The design of it and the pad just look great. :P

Warrant Officer Grade 2 and completed multiplayer campaign. :D

Reach + Console + Flaming helmet and tactical recon code

250 GBP be alot more in US.

But damn, I'm so happy with it I LOVE the DMR single shot BR so precision counts for so much more which just spells epic for me :)

ah ha! Got it for FREE!!! Well, temporarily at least. A buddy at work played through the single-player campaign in a couple of days and brought it to work to let me have a stab at it. :laugh:

Lucky you Hams :P

Yep. Done told my wife that the kids are going to be early tonight and not to count on me doing anything tonight other than site in front of that TV...almost in a vegetative and non-responsive state. I will respond if she says something like "can I get you something to eat or drink?" but I will only respond with something like "affirmative" or "roger that" to keep from breaking my virtual reality.