Apparently i'm using magic?

Ahfrodisiac

First off i'm going to say sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place, new to this website so please be patient with me. Now down to business.

So here is my problem. Pretty much every time I attempt to brawl with Valkis(?) of the Companions, he keeps sheathing and unsheathing his weapon while saying "What do you think this is? We don't use magic to fight here, young blood. Now come at me!", but i'm not using any magic or magic mods? The mods I have currently activated are:

• Jswords
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch
  • Immersive Weapons
  • Unique Uniqes
  • Cloaks
  • SoS The Wilds & Dungeons
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul
  • MoveitLWT
  • Grass_on_steroids_FSO
  • Deadly Mutilations
  • LeftHandedRings
  • BellyachesNewDragonSpecies
  • Dragonbone Weapons
  • Dreadkniknight Weapon Set
  • Dual Sheath Redux
  • WeaponsOf3E
  • Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition
  • glass&ebonyweapons
  • Lydia House Armor
  • Profitable Hunting
  • SkyUI

I've ran the game in Vanilla mode and it worked just fine, so I've come to the conclusion that it IS one of the mods I have activated, though I know not which one. Is there a simple way to figure it out? or must I simply de-activate all mods, and then re-activate one by one till I find the culprit? I apologize if this is a common question and simple searching would have found me the answer. I appreciate any and all help.

First guess - there is some magic effect on you. Possibly from something that happened earlier in the game. Most magic effects eventually dissipate - but some can stick longer than they should and may even become permanent.

Are any blessing active? These are seen as magic also.

Check this topic: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/872861-tutorial-removing-unwanted-magic-effects-from-the-player/

Ben is definitely right, you've got a magical effect of some kind on your character. But this may not be from the vanilla game itself. It's just as likely one of your mods is applying this effect. For example, Wet & Cold does what it does using hidden effects that don't show up in the Active Effects menu and can't be dissipated/removed through the steps in the thread given above. You're not using this particular mod, I see, but it's not the only one that could cause this.

I see you're using "Cloaks". Is that Cloaks of Skyrim? If so, is the cloak you're wearing enchanted? Even if it doesn't appear to be, some of the unique cloaks from that mod have effects that don't seem to be enchantments, but apply effects to the character anyway via hidden perks. Try removing your cloak for the fight.

I'm not familiar enough with all the mods on your list there to tell you what else could be doing it, sadly. But that's where I'd start looking.

This patch is designed to prevent brawl bugs such as what you've encountered. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24020/?

Several mods use a cloaking magic effect to apply scripts or other temporary changes to those around the player. Because these things originate from a magic effect, they consider it to be magic and thus breaking of the agreement to not use weapons or magic. They therefore go hostile.

If the magic effect stems from an item, you might be able to bypass the problem by removing the item. Other times the magic effect is completely behind the scenes and can only be prevented by using the patch linked or by deactivating the mod in question for the duration of the brawl.