Is there a way to check if someone replied to our comment?

Unit076

Mainly for the Nexus sites (not the forums) since I use the main sites to interact with mod authors and other people.

As it is now I have to check manually through opening my profile > my content > check if anyone replied to threads I replied. But it wastes quite some time since not all replies are directed to my comment.

So is there any simpler way to track replies to our comment? Something like notifications in Twitter and Facebook?

You can track the mod's you've commented on. So whenever a new comment for the mod appears, you get a notification.

You might also have to adjust your relevant settings and preferences for the site.

You mean the "Follow this topic" button like the one on top of this thread? It's a bit too much though since it will notify us to irrelevant comments too...

No, you track the mod from the mod site side. It's in the upper left hand of the screen along with the endorse/download etc buttons. You can then check tracked files through the mod site front page in one of the tabs that isn't news or latest files. You'll still see a lot of information that you don't want however there's no direct way to do just what you want to do.

Edited by Oubliette

No, you track the mod from the mod site side. It's in the upper left hand of the screen along with the endorse/download etc buttons. You can then check tracked files through the mod site front page in one of the tabs that isn't news or latest files. You'll still see a lot of information that you don't want however there's no direct way to do just what you want to do.

Oh that button, yeah I'm also using that button, pretty useful. But as far as I know, doesn't that button only track the mod "updates"? E.g. author upload new files, author changed description, etc.

That's... not exactly what I was asking. I'm not looking for a way to track file updates, but a way to track comment replies. If I posted a comment on a mod, I want to be notified who replied to my comment. You know, like the Facebook comment system? If you posted a comment to someone's status, you'll be notified if anyone else comments on that status.... something like that.

Is it possible?

Edited by Unit076

There's nothing like that for Nexus. As mentioned, you can track the mods, which gives you about the same benefits. It'll notify you of any mod updates, new uploads AND new comments. That is, according to your preferences. Go to your preference settings and adjust the Feed preferences to your liking.

There's nothing like that for Nexus. As mentioned, you can track the mods, which gives you about the same benefits. It'll notify you of any mod updates, new uploads AND new comments. That is, according to your preferences. Go to your preference settings and adjust the Feed preferences to your liking.

Oh the tracking button does that? I wasn't aware of it! Thanks reindeer91. It's really unfortunate there's no such practical system. I've just used too much social media these days. Guess I'll go with that...

Out of topic but... holy shizzzle your name is actually reindeer51, not reindeer91! Why do I keep writing it as 91?!?

I'm sooo sorry dude!

• 4 years later...