How to get raw mouse input!

ShadowWesley77

Okay, so not having a raw mouse input option really angered me. It took me a while to find a playable sensitivity, and even then, I wasn't happy. But after some digging, I found a way to get raw mouse input in Skyrim! The only requirement here is that you already have a game that has a raw mouse input option. For me, it was Portal 2 and that is the game I will be using to demonstrate this method.

1. Locate the config or pref file of the game with raw mouse input. For me, it was SteamApps > Common > Portal 2 > Portal 2 > cfg > config.cfg
2. Open the file in notepad.
3. Press "CTRL+f" and type "sensitivity"
4. Find the attribute with the correct sensitivity. For me, it was the second the last sensitivity is found. The number after it (or set equal to it) is what we want. Copy that number.
5. Go to mouse-sensitivity.com (disable ad-block if you have it)
6. Under the "Input" menu and "Current Game", select the game with raw mouse input.
7. Enter your mouse's DPI and the sensitivity you got from step 4. Also, edit the FOV if yours is different from the default.
8. Under "New Game", select Skyrim (Or any other game with no native raw mouse input option) and change your FOV if you aren't using the default FOV.
10. Under "Calculations" and "Skyrim", it will give you 3 things: Sensitivity, 360 Rotation, and discrepancy. You only need the Sensitivity. Copy this number.
11. Open your SkyrimPrefs.ini file (Or the config/prefs file of a game with no native raw mouse input option) and location the "fMouseHeadingSensitivity" option (different if you are doing this for a game other than Skyrim) and enter that new number that you copied in step 10.

That's it! I know this is kind of lengthy, but it is definitely worth it if you need raw mouse input! Have a great day with your new sensitivity! If you have any questions, leave them below.