Creating new magic effect (re: change fireball color)?

templeofninpo

Ok, making a color oriented mod, but the CS will only let me have flame colored fireball FX.

Who would know how to script/add a clone firedamage effect but pink? There are extra summoning slots but they do not give options besides cast on self when editing spells.

Is there non-fire-colored torch flames in Lost Spires?

How do I edit the 1st-person texture (and conventional texture) for torch fire. I've changed the light color (the torch is actually a 'light' object) but can find no textures to replace for the fire itself.

Also, any ideas on moving lights? I tried an invisible NPC but their 'soul' still show up.

Again, also, have you tried Cinematic HUD yet?

Also, any ideas on moving lights? I tried an invisible NPC but their 'soul' still show up.

You can accomplish this with an invisible NPC without the 'soul' being revealed by a 'Detect Life' spell/enchantment. Here's How:

1. Create a custom object script with the following code:

Begin GameMode
  sms DetectLife
  sms LifeDetected
End

2. Create a new NPC to be the 'light bearer' and attach this script to him/her.

3. Give the NPC a 100% chameleon ability spell (make sure it's an Ability type spell so it's always on).

4. Put NPC in a dark place so he/she will equip the torch.

Boom! A 'floating' light with no soul!

As for "torches" with different colored lights, try David Brasher's Fighters Guild Quests. It has some Ayleid glow rods from a mod that's no longer available.

Can you tell me what sms represents?

Certainly. :smile: It's short for for Stop Magic Shader Visuals. I'm not sure about keeping the target reticle from activating. Try not giving the NPC and in-game name. At the very least, it would draw less attention to the target reticle.

Does every modder find out you're not supposed to alter NPCs from .esps the hard way? I added script involving a farmer from Unique Landscapes Imperial Isle and suddenly the CS (and CSE) stopped loading my esp. I fixed it through tes4edit but flailed and now all of the farmer's generic greetings are gone. It seems the only fix is just to make him a quest and give him my own... anyhoo, cheers on the assistane.

• 2 months later...

I remember reading a tutorial somplace on particle editing within Blender that could most likely achieve different colored torches and spell effect for that matter though I could be mistaken on the last part. I will have to see if I can find the tutorial that I read. It was much too technical for me at my current stage of knowledge