Is it possible to use keyboard and gamepad?

Radnen

This may have been asked numerous times before. but I haven't found an answer yet.

So, I love playing this game with a gamepad (yes I love gamepads so what?) and I know you can't easily enter the console window or quicksave/quickload the game. It is my belief there has got to be a mod that turns at least those keyboard keys on. I do realize this may not be done in the normal scripting language for FO3, but I hope it's somehow possible with FOSE. I also wonder if it has been done before and if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I did find one "mod". It was an xpadder profile for playing FO3 with keyboard and mouse but I have no idea how effective it is, and it's kind of a work-around and not a mod. The "mod" relies on xpadder's control scheme to map keyboard to the controller which could be odd, but I haven't really tested this.

It is my belief that since the game engine can natively support both modes that this can be possible without xpadder (or other joy2key like software). So... is this possible or am I only dreaming?

I kinda do it, I use FWE and play with a gamepad. FWE adds extra stuff such as Sprinting and Bullet time, which require you to hot key these to a keyboard. So while playing I can walk around using my controller just fine, then hit the keyboard for all the extra stuff.
The program I use it MotionJoy, Some people dont like it because it requires you to be online to use it, and sometimes when you install the driver it launchs your internet browser and puts up a asian website, so some people think its a virus. Ive been using it for 2 years and my computers been fine.
Google it if your worried about it

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using both right now, but in a very limited fashion. With the Xpadder program running along with the in game 360 controller option they overlap each other.

So if you map the the auto move key in Xpadder to the RS button , when you get in game and grab something, you'll start running at the same time.

With the Xpadder second set function, basically a programmable second 360 controller, you could probably map the quick save/load buttons to the

right stick directional buttons. Some keys work with certain 360 buttons and some don't. I'm currently using the F9,F12 and num/ keys this way.

You might also find changing key bindings useful http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/990654-unmapping-a-button-for-a-xbox-360-controller/

The native support for the 360 controller is great, but as you've discovered limited.