How do I learn necromancy

krxzhuang

Hi (how original!) :P

I've cleansed Red Mountain by killing Dagoth and I now wants to expand my charecter with even more skills. I'm a Dunmer Battlemage (lvl 20) - using destruction as main power - and have completed the duties in Balmora Mage Guild and most of the other duties in other mage guilds, but I'll like to learn the way of the necromancer.

There's this ogre mage in Balmora Mage Guild who claims she's NOT a necromancer, but she appears in my Quest list in the journal, my question is therefore:

Is there a quest I can go on, including her in such a way that she finally will teach me necromancy? Or is there another way to learn the dark art? :blink:

KrX

you could make a destruction spell called finger of death (damage health 40 for 10 seconds on touch) and pretend your a necromancer =) or enchant 5 different items with summon skeleton and summon a skeleton army.

As for that orges bit about necromancy, wasent there a mages guild quest asking you to find a necromancer and kill them? her journal entry could just be linked to that quest much in the way nine-toes is linked the the ralen hallu murder quest.

I think he means Sharn Gra-Muzgrob...If you take her Legions of the Dead book from her chest, and show it to her, she will give you a Summon Skeleton or Summon Ancestral Ghost spell. It is NOT a Mages Guild quest. But, if you are as you said in the Mages Guild, you must be very careful not to be caught. If you are, yuo will not only be expelled, but everyone will attack you and you will get a bounty on your head.

There really isn't any true Necromancy in Morrowind, it would be nice if there was. To be able to resurrect fallen enemies and have them fight for you would be a nice little suprise for anyone who makes the wrong move against you.

What Morrowind deals with specifically has to do with summoning: using life forces to cast into existence a supernatural being. They should have called it Oblivion Channeling, but that's just me (I actaully wrote a book about it for one of my mods cause I was bored). I interpret Necromancy to be a ritualistic art form used by cultists to resummon their fallen; it doesn't whole heartedly deal with magic per say rather than a form of religious ritual and chanting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx All!! :D

And yes; I meant Sharn Gra-Muzgrob. I'll try finding her book right away. - Guess some sneaking :ph34r: will do, or maybe some invisibli.. no, they'll see me picking the lock. I'll find a way.

Hey, I think I'll start a whole new character and dedicating him enterily too Necromancy-like-spells (since there seems to no way to erase the other spells I already have learned...)

KrX points two fingers to the dome of his head.

ZAAP!!

Awch!

KrX's mind wouldn't reset.

Damn!

Archived