How do I learn necromancy

krxzhuang

Necromancy means foretelling the future by conjuring up the spirits of the dead. Therefore necromantic arts would not on the face of it involve producing death spells and the like. (Goes down in flames amid cries of 'pedant', 'get an updated dictionary', get your head out of...) Maybe MW could have 're-animators' and we could play as a Zombie (or as a Mai-Tai or a Tequila Slammer). As you progressed in rank you could gain (or lose) and extra bit of body. Zombie mages would certainly go around ripping people's heads off because they are so strong!! And no one could kill them because they are dead. (Chop 'em up and watch them glue themselves together - deja vu Ultima 7, Serpent Isle). There could be cults of necrolaters (death-worshippers) going berserk and attacking cities. And a vicious kind of necrophagous worm that would slowly digest your rotting Zombie body if it caught you. What lovely journal entries that might engender! The corpsewurm has ingested your left eyeball, you are now half blind!

Ugh - gross out!

... Nice imagination?

I think a Diablo 2-esque form of Necromancy would be nice. Cut it down, raise it up. Not to mention a whole bunch of Liche's taking on Almalexia would be a cool sight.

But the Necromancy shouldn't be just "I raised you for 80 seconds, kill my enemies and then dissapear."

Something more along the lines of "I raised you. You ae now my servant. You gain levels, just like I do. As you grow stronger, I have less power over you. That means I have to be nice to you so you like me and follow my orders." would be really cool. A companion who grows stronger with you.

I could go on and on about a better type of Necromancy for Morrowind, but I will shut up now ;)

• 3 weeks later...

->The Eclipse.

Yep, I was lvl20 when I slayed Dagorth (no cheating at all), is that unusual? Really - I don't know, it's first time I kill him.

-> Wesaynothin.

The way you describe necromancy in MW, would be a really cool way of the dark art (give me your life and I will grant you strength and power!)

KrX

(Had some trouble logging on to MWsource, that's why I repley so

late, I don't do it to be a forum-digger.)

Archived