whalemace

Hey guys, there is a bug I'm currently dealing with that I don't understand. Some of the hairstyles have some transparency issues. One of the most noticeable is the fifth high elven hair, seen below.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/ecHnRx7.jpg?1

(note: bug occurs without RaceMenu mod, as well)

I've also noticed some transparency with frost trolls, who are visible but are slightly see-through, and with the khajiit in the leather armor and ebony dagger on the loading screen whose eyeballs aren't hidden behind the brow (you can see where the brow is, but the entire eye is still visible behind it). Unfortunately, no pics of either of those yet (will edit when I encounter them again), but I suspect that all of these problems are related.

This problem occurs with or without any mods (excluding the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the Skyrim Script Extender).

**Update: http://i.imgur.com/xL2bwY5.jpg (frost trolls)

**Update 2: It seems nobody is having this issue, or everyone already knows how to fix it. The most common solution I've found is to turn off transparency anti-aliasing in the graphics control panel, but it's already off in mine, so it's back to square one.

**Update 3: Alright, so the very little amount of solutions I've found about this issue all point to graphics cards settings. This is supported by this bug's appearance in both vanilla and modded Skyrim. That being said, I've tweaked them all in the Nvidia Control Panel and nothing is working. Another common solution was to set transparency AA to supersampling instead of off, and it didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should try next? In the meantime, I'm going to continue attempting to solve this problem and will return with updates as I've been doing.

Edited by whalemace

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. It seems that this is merely a bug in the PC version, as I've seen it in videos and no one mentions it, but surely it wasn't like this on console. At any rate, I don't believe there is a solution because it seems nobody is even aware that this is a problem. Really sucks, because it makes certain hairstyles unuseable. I realized just this past month that New Vegas has similar issues, and so the problem seems to just be with Bethesda games.

That said, I can't remember now but the invisible khajiit was a conflict that surprised me, and the frost trolls also just appear to look see-through in my game, as in, it's another problem like the hair.

Doesn't really look like you're using enb, but if you do, try to recheck your skyrimprefs.ini. For enb users there should be bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 enabled. And some time ago some certain nvidia drivers used with enb caused similar effects too.

• 4 years later...