jackthemodder

I want someone to make a Karma system that has an immersive menu which can tell you your reputation with certain groups or guilds. This mod will also make enemies become neutral towards you but also have the possibility for a friendship. There are also sub-categories for each category. I will explain the groups and categories later. Bad Karma with good groups will make your appearance very worn out. An evil character over time will develop a colour change in eyes (become more reddish or brownish but the white part of the eye becomes yellower), facial hair growth, armour degradation and wearing out over time (it will show scratches, faded colour, destroyed parts (the iron helmet will have a horn snapped off), missing pieces (a pauldron will fall off of the chest armour piece)), the good groups will react more hostile depending on how severe the karma is, the bad groups will react more positively towards you, you will get higher prices from the good but lower from the bad, a good merchant will refuse to sell you excellent grade items (great/grand soul gem, any upgraded, enchanted, or rare weapon), a bad merchant is more likely to have better stock, your skin becomes pale and dark patches form beneath your eyes, good Daedric weapons will do less damage and have less of an effect whilst bad will do more, some skills will be enhanced and others will rot. Good: Absolutely the opposite of this^. Bad skills: Sneak, Speech, Pickpocket, Destruction, illusion, overall weapon damage but weapons will degrade quicker the more evil you are. Good: Alteration, Speech, Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting. Good appearance differences: The more moral you are the more potent these effects will be: Eyes turn blue-er or green-er and they will be whiter and shiny-er, armour will be shiny-er, skin is smoother and more tanned. FACTIONS, GROUPS, AND F/G EFFECTS: MAIN FACTIONS: Dark Brotherhood, Bandits, CORRUPT GUARDS (NEW GROUP), People who are A-holes in general * wink wink * Nazeem, Vampires (generic enemy AND Volkihar vamps (Dawnguard required)) = EVIL/BAD factions/groups. Neutral groups= Nature (NEW NATUR SYSTEM: Animals, Spriggans, Flowers will react differently to you) If you chop firewood/harvest plants/ kill spriggans/ kill animals/harm animals/dropping items in wooded areas/ swimming in lakes where there are fish/ using leather armour/tanning hides/ becoming a werewolf Will harm your rep with nature. Good nature= Spriggans won't attack, animals and plants more common, animals won't run away from you. Neutral nature = Default Skyrim behaviour. Bad= Spriggans more common, Spriggans more powerful, Plants and animals less common, Animals run faster and will stop at nothing to get away from you. GOOD GROUPS: Civilians, Thieves guild (Stealing from those people was justifiable, they are like clones of Robin Hood), guards, nobility, merchants, mages (not necromancers) (ALL mages that are usually enemies will now NOT try to kill you for accidentally walking on their patch of lavender and deathbell), Bards. I think this is a really good idea for a mod and I would get it solely for the appearance changes, if I left anything out just tell me and I will update this, if you decide to make this mod you MUST credit me and MUST tell me when it is done. IF YOU CAN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU MANAGED TO GET ONE OF MY FAVOURITE MOD AUTHORS TO HELP WITH THIS PROJECT. THESE AUTHORS INCLUDE INSANITY/INSANITY SORROW (WHATEVER HIS NAME IS), DOGTOWN 1/KRYPTONIAN, JPDOCTOR, AlexanderJVelicky , PROMETHEUS_ts , Zerofrost. IT WOULD BE SO COOL TO COMBINE THE WORKS OF ZEROFROST, INSANITY, AND ALEXANDERJVELICKY! EPIC ARMOUR+EPIC WEAPONS+EPIC QUESTS= .....Epicness obviously.

Edited by jackthemodder

No one in their right mind would try to read that wall of text.

Here is a breif attempt at breaking up the text into readable paragraphs:

---------------------------

I want someone to make a Karma system that has an immersive menu which can tell you your reputation with certain groups or guilds.

This mod will also make enemies become neutral towards you but also have the possibility for a friendship. There are also sub-categories for each category. I will explain the groups and categories later.

Bad Karma with good groups will make your appearance very worn out.

An evil character over time will develop a colour change in eyes (become more reddish or brownish but the white part of the eye becomes yellower), facial hair growth, armour degradation and wearing out over time (it will show scratches, faded colour, destroyed parts (the iron helmet will have a horn snapped off), missing pieces (a pauldron will fall off of the chest armour piece)),

the good groups will react more hostile depending on how severe the karma is, the bad groups will react more positively towards you,

you will get higher prices from the good but lower from the bad, a good merchant will refuse to sell you excellent grade items (great/grand soul gem, any upgraded, enchanted, or rare weapon),

a bad merchant is more likely to have better stock, your skin becomes pale and dark patches form beneath your eyes,

good Daedric weapons will do less damage and have less of an effect whilst bad will do more, some skills will be enhanced and others will rot.

Good: Absolutely the opposite of this^.

Bad skills: Sneak, Speech, Pickpocket, Destruction, illusion, overall weapon damage but weapons will degrade quicker the more evil you are.

Good: Alteration, Speech, Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting.

Good appearance differences: The more moral you are the more potent these effects will be: Eyes turn blue-er or green-er and they will be whiter and shiny-er, armour will be shiny-er, skin is smoother and more tanned.

FACTIONS, GROUPS, AND F/G EFFECTS: MAIN FACTIONS: Dark Brotherhood, Bandits, CORRUPT GUARDS (NEW GROUP), People who are A-holes in general * wink wink * Nazeem, Vampires (generic enemy AND Volkihar vamps (Dawnguard required)) = EVIL/BAD factions/groups.

Neutral groups= Nature (NEW NATUR SYSTEM: Animals, Spriggans, Flowers will react differently to you) If you chop firewood/harvest plants/ kill spriggans/ kill animals/harm animals/dropping items in wooded areas/ swimming in lakes where there are fish/ using leather armour/tanning hides/ becoming a werewolf Will harm your rep with nature.

Good nature= Spriggans won't attack, animals and plants more common, animals won't run away from you.

Neutral nature = Default Skyrim behaviour.

Bad= Spriggans more common, Spriggans more powerful, Plants and animals less common, Animals run faster and will stop at nothing to get away from you.

GOOD GROUPS: Civilians, Thieves guild (Stealing from those people was justifiable, they are like clones of Robin Hood), guards, nobility, merchants, mages (not necromancers) (ALL mages that are usually enemies will now NOT try to kill you for accidentally walking on their patch of lavender and deathbell), Bards.

I think this is a really good idea for a mod and I would get it solely for the appearance changes, if I left anything out just tell me and I will update this, if you decide to make this mod you MUST credit me and MUST tell me when it is done.

IF YOU CAN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU MANAGED TO GET ONE OF MY FAVOURITE MOD AUTHORS TO HELP WITH THIS PROJECT. THESE AUTHORS INCLUDE INSANITY/INSANITY SORROW (WHATEVER HIS NAME IS), DOGTOWN 1/KRYPTONIAN, JPDOCTOR, AlexanderJVelicky , PROMETHEUS_ts , Zerofrost.

IT WOULD BE SO COOL TO COMBINE THE WORKS OF ZEROFROST, INSANITY, AND ALEXANDERJVELICKY! EPIC ARMOUR+EPIC WEAPONS+EPIC QUESTS= .....Epicness obviously.

--------------------------------------

-

Edited by VanKrill

I am working on just such a mod.

There are two values for Alignment attached to the player, spells, quests, and actions:

Light
^
|
X Action |
| X Current Quest
X Player's Alignment |
|
Order < =============Neutral============ > Chaos
|
|
| X Current Manna Alignment
|
X Zombie Spell |
| X Evil Temple Manna Bond
V
Darkness

The Health Regneration rate has been reset to close to zero. Several days to go from low health back to full, ... UNLESS, you use standard magicka based healing spells.

The Magicka regeneration rate has been reset to close to zero. Several days to go from no manna back to full... UNLESS, you use an alternate kind of magic to regenerate Magicka, called MANNA.

Manna comes to the player from a magical amulet, which has the ability to cast a Magicka restoration spell, using scripts, but burns its internal storage of Manna to do so.

The Manna stored in the Talisman Amulet comes from one of three sources:

1] Linkage to Artifacts, like the Maque of Clavicus Vile, Dawnbreaker, or Azura's Star

2] Linkage to other NPC mages who have voluntarily, or by defeat and magical enslavement, taken on a status of a Vassal Mage, somewhat like a housecarl, but a portion of their Magicka get syphoned off and transfer to your Talisman via a Manna-Bonding Torque Amulet which they wear.

3] Land Bonding, were a specially crafted Krysaal, or magic crystal sphere, is placed in a Land Bonding Socket, in special, magical locations, or power points: Hot Springs, Gilder Green Cavern, Tombs, Swamps, Forest Glades, Mountain Peaks, Ruins, Lakes, ....

Each of these Bonded sources will add an varying by the source amount of Manna per day into your storage Talisman's Krysaal, or magic crystal storage well.

The Artifacts, Vasal Mages, and Land-Bonds all have an alignment for both axises as well, and it is reputation appropriate, i.e. a Forest Glade will be Light and Ordered, a Swamp will be Dark and Chaotic, a Volcano is Chaotic Neutral.

Your Talisman stored Manna has a floating average Alignment based on your sources.

Your person has an Alignment based on your achieved quests, actions, spells and dialog interactions.

The closer the match between your Manna Alignment, and your personal Alignment, the more efficently you "Burn" your stored Manna.

Additionally, Dark Spells are more powerful for a Dark Player. Light spells are more powerful for a Bringer of Light.

I have not considered making the appearance of the character change with is alignment, partly because I believe the idea is patented by another game company, but also because I've not figured out how to change the appearance of a character by a script.

I do have a simple spell which shows your current Alignment, the Alignment of your Manna, and the Alignment of each source of Manna, before or after bonding.

-------------------------------------------

Does this sound like the kind of mod you are looking for?

-

Edited by VanKrill

Yes! I love the sound of your mod! I don't think anyone will get mad if you use the "patented" alignment oriented appearance as I have seen it in several games. I'm sure. Fable, Infamous, I'm sure there will be others. I'd love a mod where the environment reacts to your actions and make in-game decisions more important such as in Fallout New Vegas. The swords in your mod idea look pretty damn cool but you should make them more diverse. They all look like good weapons. They look good if they are supposed to be good but none of them look evil and I assumed you would put pics of both weapon/karma connections.Your mod looks awesome but it isn't really what I was going for. I wanted a lot more than just magic, weapons, and armour to respond to the character. Yours is the best I've found related to what I'm asking so far though.

There are actually a series of different weapons, wands, staffs, all oriented around the 9 Different end point alignments.

The following are from my development notes.

========================================================
======== Alignments
========================================================

00) Y Yodh - True Neutral - Hermaeus Mora - The Center, Animalistic Survival Instinc, Cosmic Indifference.
01) k Kaph - Neutral Light - Almalexia - Healing Good, True Light
02) A Ayim - Ordered Light - Mara - Motherhood, Compasion, Civilization, Dibela - Art, poetry
03) T Teth - Order - Jyggalag, Jhunal, Zenithar, Talos - Logic, Math, Cosmos, Trade
04) R Rho - Ordered Darkness - Mehrunes Dagon - Bound to Tradition Evil
05) D Daith - Neutral Darkness - Molag Ba'al, Sithi, - Balanced Darkness, True Evil
06) S Sade - Chaotic Darkness - Sheogorath, Nyx - Chaotic Evil
07) K Kai - Chaotic Neutral - True Chaos - Plots -
08) t Tau - Chaotic Light - Kyne, Tsun, Lost Lorkham (Shor)

There is a 09 as well, but not appropriate for this forum. (Adult Mod Extension only)

The weapons shown in the picture are just one set for practice. In that case, it was the True Neutral or Yodh version. It was also the highest end / quality version.

Krysaal items should each have four levels:
Apprentice Trael
Adept Drengr
Expert Kylfing
Master Skald

So the pics were of the Yodh-Skald variety. There will be 4 levels X 9 Alignments X Blade, Sabre, Claymore, Wand, Stave, Amulet, Circlet, and Ring.

That makes a daunting 288 items. So I developed a mix and match mechanism to turn them out on themed assembles with common texture and meshes for some of the parts.

A wand is made of a Orb+Coupler+Krysaal(cylinder)+Joiner+Shaft+Tip.

I've made collection of Orbs, Krysaals, Shafts and Tips. The couplers and joiners are uniform except by texture.

A sabre is a Pommel + Hilt + Crossguard + Krysaal CrossGem + Blade + Scabbard (Some have finger rings or Blade catchers.)

All of the parts have their own part meshes, and you construct the weapons by doing quests for the parts or the mats to craft them. A Krysaal item is about 2 hours game play and quests to get the parts / mats to craft it.

There is no requirement to have matching sets, so you could use an Evil Sword and a Good Staff, which would give you more diversity in ability, but less focus and ultimate power.

The Expert and Master level items also count as bonded artifacts and generate a small amount of aligned Manna per day.

There will be factions for each of the Alignments, and a Cult of followers with a Jarl-like leader, a captain and a number of Lieutenants plus minion henchmen aplenty.

Groups in opposition to your alignment will be aggressive toward you, those in common with your alignment will give you aid and quests.

There will be a list of character arch types as well, somewhat like the Interesting NPCs mod, but with quests themed to the Alignment system.

-

Edited by VanKrill

I see. Well it is a great idea and I hope it can be finished.

Well, its looking like not.

I did not get a single response, other than yours, of any sort of interest in the mod.

Understand, I will make the mod for my own use, education, exercise in the tech, and play satisfaction.

But making the mod, and publishing the mod are two entirely different things.

Making the mod is a few days work. Getting the mod documented, cleaned, credited, and published is a few weeks work.

There isn't enough interest to be bothered.

-